Requisition ID: |
The BIM Co-ordinator executes advanced computer modelling and planning tools to produce accurate and up to date building models of the Gatwick Estate.
The BC works closely with the Visualisation Manager, the BIM team, management, consultants and contractors to monitor and produce and deliver quality deliverables affecting the works flows via a 3D computer BIM model through the BIM team.
The BC liaises with stakeholders and GAL staff in the understanding of CIP project scopes, programme, construction phasing, and execution as they relate to airport operational areas, passenger facilities and other CIP projects.
Skills / knowledge / abilities:
- Maintain BIM Standards and processes
- Maintain the Priority task list for the BIM team
- Provide application support and training
- Developing and coordinating the GAL BIM estate model
- Collaborate with design professionals to create, clean-up and perform quality assurance and model data audit
- Understanding and working use of BS1192: 2007
- Experience using (BIM) processes applications and project support
- Experience with Autodesk Revit & Navisworks
- Experience with Map / Civil 3D would be a plus but not required
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to take initiative, respond to issues, constraints, and opportunities
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed and self-managed
- Detail-oriented, able to drill down without losing sight of the big picture
- Excellent technical computer skills
- Strong personal management skills, dedication, organisation, and open-mindedness
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems in a timely and positive manner
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks under constant deadlines.
- Works closely with Visualisation manager and other BIM team personnel to liaise with project planners and delivery staff to highlight conflicts or deficiencies in programmes or models, and proactively assists in proposing and demonstrating resolutions of those issues.
- Works closely with project staff to understand progress on-site and proactively incorporate it into applicable visualisations.
- Accompanies field engineers on site to fully understand the details of the project and performance of the contractor. Ensures visualisations are kept current on a daily basis.
- Assists project staff and functional managers in the presentation of programme visualisations to executive management and stakeholders.
- Develops building information models for the purpose of augmenting models from consultants or contractors when necessary. Assists in the creation of discrete BIM models at the request of the Engineering Manager.
- Promotes the use of building information modelling, programme visualisation and planning technology within GAL and proactively seeks the usage of these tools to promote efficiency within the CIP.
Qualifications and experience
- Formal qualification HND or higher in a design and construction related subject.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of construction project planning, design and execution.
- Proficient with BIM modelling tools including Autodesk Revit, as well as a working knowledge of planning and scheduling software applications, including Primavera P6, and basic software applications such as Microsoft Office. Experience with Synchro and advanced visualisation software is a plus.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication including technical writing, as well as the ability to present effectively
- Airport development experience or significant other development experience within a complex stakeholder organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, open-minded with an energetic and proactive personal style.
- Proven relevant industry experience, gained through on job experience of large, multi-discipline construction projects.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.