Why Choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose - to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client's unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner's representation to our clients around the globe.
Lead Architect will be responsible for the management, coordination and support to the contractor for delivery of architectural and multi discipline design and construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting and reviewing D & B contractor's development of architectural designs, preparation of reports, calculations, and detailed design and construction | shop drawings.
- Pay particular attention to the implementation of acoustic specifications and third party peer review recommendations in the contractor's shop drawings and ultimately during the construction phase.
- Managing and supervising subordinate Senior Architects and Architects in supporting contractor's design development and technical review of the same.
- Involved in the signing and sealing of plans, obtaining permits for construction, and the review of plans and specifications submitted by consultants and contractor.
- Conducting field surveys; developing designs and plans for buildings and facilities.
- Preparing sketches, working drawings and construction plans; and supporting preparation of cost estimates.
- Participating in the presentation of plans to governing and permitting authorities for land use, zoning and permit approvals.
- Providing technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies, analyses and coordination
- Client liaison for review and recommendations in connection with contractor's design
- Review of ongoing design elements by the Architect of Record and other third party design consultants, and recommendation to the Client in connection with the same..
- Undertaking periodic site inspections of construction work in progress and upon completion for adherence to plans and specifications, advise contractor on the interpretation of plans and specifications, approve minor design changes in the course of construction, and review contractor's requests for payment
A minimum of 15 years is required in Project Architecture, experience working on large
mixed-use developments is essential.
A Bachelor's Degree is required in Architecture and RIBA or equivalent professional accreditation as an architect.