|Job Ref:||DUB0057||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||Dubai||Address:||Post Date:||17/10/2016 04:01|
Worley Parsons is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, empowered EPCM employing over 26,000 people across 42 countries. With a recognized global reputation as a provider of professional services to the energy, resources and complex process industries, Worley Parsons continues to push the boundaries and extend its capabilities around the world; |
We are now looking for a Ports and Coastal Manager for our In-house role to be based in UAE.
Position : Permanent
Location : Dubai, UAE
To Manage the technical and financial delivery of a wide range of marine projects, ensuring technical quality, coordination, integrity, cost effectiveness, and profitability of designs and studies produced.
· Be responsible for the successful delivery of coastal modelling and designs, including production of technical reports, written calculations, design briefs, drawings, schedules, contract documentation and the like.
· Numerical modelling including Mike21
· Navigation simulations
· Structural design of coastal structures, including preparation of specifications and reports.
· Able to work successfully with other members of the design and management team, including, drafters / designers and supervising engineers.
· Technical supervision of project designated coastal team and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
· Follow design guidelines, standards, and procedures to effectively execute assigned work.
· Prepare and adhere to assigned budgets and schedules, integrate team efforts, review work, set priorities, identify and resolve issues in a timely manner and communicate status to lead engineers.
· Check compliance with Alliance QA/Safety/Environment goals.
· Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system .
· Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices.
· HSE - Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
Essential skills and experience
· A Bachelors Degree
· English language
· Minimum 15 years broad marine experience
· Experience in the design of a wide range of marine projects, and be able to demonstrate experience using a range of design software including MIKE 21.
· Ability to undertake and manage Fast-time simulations
· Familiarity with British, European and International standards specifically related to marine structures and coastal engineering
· Appreciation of the specific issues (eg durability) related to the use of structural elements in a marine environment.
· Numerical modelling experience
· Physical Modelling Supervision
· Design of rock structures such as breakwaters, groynes and revetments.
· Experience in coastal engineering issues such as tides, waves, currents, sediment transport, etc.
· Able to develop, agree and manage design production schedules and manage a technical team.
· Have adequate knowledge of all international codes, standards and other construction practices to be utilised during project execution.
· Preference will be given to candidates with: