Overview: At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.|
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a "Project Lead" to join our team in "San Francisco, CA".
Position Functions or Responsibilities: Required Skills:
- Hands on experience with test driven development (TDD) is a must
- Create solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Lead the development effort of web services, Design and develop SOAP based Web services, Develop XML schema designs
- Clear understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON and SOAP/WSDL
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Experience in Oracle 10g/11g
- Strong experience in application development using SQL, PL/SQL Experience in performance tuning techniques Experience in development tools like SQL PLUS, TOAD Working knowledge of database modeling is plus.
- Experience in Shell Script is a plus
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support client by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Understanding of Web services approach including Web service protocols such as SOAP and REST.
- Understanding of SOA concepts, principles and patterns is required.
Additional Job Description:
- Own the Responsibility of the overall sprint or iteration outcome
- Use project's best practices and coding standards
- Prepare and help team to prepare the design; should have a very good understanding of the project architecture
- Coding and unit testing including JUnits
- Conduct peer review and provide feedback
- Remove the technical impediments
- Update regular associates RAG (Red, Amber, Green) status; discuss the Red cases on the immediate basis with the project manager to help the manager in the attrition management
- Update sprint tracker with accurate information to identify the risk and issues pro-actively at the sprint level
- Conduct project risk identification and mitigation action planning with the PM at the project level
- Participate in CAR and help in preparing the data
- Conduct FIR; Process check master - to make sure that his team is following all the listed procedures
- Constantly looking for ways to increase the team's velocity/productivity by eliminates the waste. This should be one of the discussion points in the annual appraisal.
- People management & Technical management
- Help PM in the annual and mid-year appraisal process
- Assist project manager in the project coordination/management
- Report the status with alarms, explanations and solutions;
- --Promptly escalate issues to the reporting manager
- --Track and resolve issues
- Target - Zero surprises; proactively react to the surprises with the detailed written explanation
- Last but not the least, tech lead should be a reference book for your team members
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
- 5 years with Java- J2EE
- 5 years with Web services
- 5 years with Agile development
- 5 years with TDD
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit NA to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed