Thales Alenia Space (TAS) has more than 40 years’ experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, we meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers. Our teams create the technology to monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We also supply the International Space Station and, as such, play a pivotal role in exploring the universe.|
As a Quality Assurance Manager based in our Harwell office, you’ll ensure Space standards and customer requirements are met for the assigned space project(s). Supporting bid teams by reviewing product and quality assurance requirements; and creating or amending product assurance procedures in line with the bid requirements.
Key Quality Responsibilities and Tasks:
Key Product Assurance Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Audit performance, including sub-contracts & suppliers
- Interface with TAS-UK management
- Responsibility for the quality activities associated with TAS-UK sites e.g, Harwell, Belfast & Bristol
- Interface with other TAS Quality organizations
- Customer’s satisfaction
- Quality Management System implementation and review
- Improvement Plan definition and follow up
- Quality reporting including Veto right and duty of alert
- Inputs to the Company Quality dashboard
- QA support for Company Certifications
- Lessons learnt implementation
- Supplier Quality Assurance: Assure the Quality Requirements are imposed on subcontractors/ suppliers.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Establish the PA Plan for assigned projects and assure implementation
- Ensuring Product Assurance requirements are met within the project(s)
- Representing Product Assurance at product lifecycle reviews
- Liaising with Customers, Prime Contractors and/or the European Space Agency (ESA) on quality/product assurance issues.
- Providing support within projects and bids to deliver product assurance documentation
- Managing the customer approval process for Materials, Processes
- Ensuring product configuration documentation is updated at key milestones
- Chairing internal and external non conformance review meetings
- Participating in Design, Manufacturing ,Test and Delivery Readiness reviews
- Supporting the Technical Lead to ensure that Technical Problem Reports are resolved and the solutions are adequately documented and implemented.
- Product certification: Inspect and accept/reject the products to enable certification to the Customer requirements.
- Degree or higher education qualification in an Engineering or QA discipline and have experience of quality or product assurance in a similar industry
- Ability to work independently and be able to communicate professionally with customers, prime contractors and the European Space Agency
- Knowledge and experience of product/quality assurance systems
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise clearly across disciplines
- Knowledge of electronic components and circuit board assembly processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Working knowledge of Quality Standards e.g: ISO 9001, EN 9100, AQAP 2110,
- Basic knowledge on Reliability, Materials, Processes
- Knowledge of European Space Standards (ECSS) would be advantageous
- Experience of working in the Space, Defense or Aerospace industries