Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||JHSQSBERK2507||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Langley||Address:||Post Code:||SG4||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 60,000 per year, benefits||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:26|
I have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join my clients busy team and work on projects in the Thames Valley - they will look at candidates who are interested in taking a step up to a Senior role. Salary on offer is up to £60,000 plus full package depending on experience.|
My client is a top tier one contractor working on build projects from £5million up to £50million in the Thames Valley area - predominantly Education, Health and Commercial on JCT form of contract. There is an existing team you will be joining and the progression available is good - if you are looking to become Chartered they will provide the funding and support for you to go through the APC.
* Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
* In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team, be accountable for the profitability of the projects, and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project to ensure delivery of required margins
* Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
* With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
* Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
* Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
* Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
* Ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects
* Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials
* Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles, together with the ability to draft and administer sub contracts
* Ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, including the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement
* Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office
* Enthusiasm and results focus, together with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Effective negotiation skills - both with internal and external customers
* Previous experience in Quantity Surveying, some of which should have been obtained within a relevant business environment and a valid CSCS card are required. Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE.
* Salary up to £60,000
* Company car or allowance
* Company pension scheme
* Generous holiday allowance
* Private healthcare
* Other flexible benefits
So, if you are interested then please apply - there is a 2 stage interview process where you will meet the Managing Quantity Surveyor and the Commercial Manager so there will be ample time for you to get to know the business.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills "quantity surveyor" or "school" or "qs" or "construction" or "build" or "surveyor" or "sqs" or "commercial" "commercial manager" "managing"