|Job Ref:||10906BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Site Based||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
CMDP is a joint venture between Costain & MWHT and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water's water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex). The individual projects are the design and construction of improvements to clean water and dirty water treatment plants, including pumping stations and sea outfalls. Individual projects within the programme will range in value from £250K up to £20M. |
You will report directly to the Site Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Assist & support in the preparation, implementation & maintaining of formal QA / QC documentation on site including Inspection Test Plans and Check sheets
• Work effectively and efficiently alongside other members of the construction team to support them in their role
• Keep accurate site records identifying any variances or issues and provided feedback to line managers
• Assist in the management of subcontractors and the supply chain as directed.
• Assist in project design co-ordination and distribution of documentation relevant to the site works
• Hold specific site based responsibilities as determined at site level, typically permits to work
• Be willing to hold site based co-ordination and subcontract manager roles relevant to your knowledge & experience as determined at site level, or as defined by the project management team
• Support other team members to ensure liaison between the different site disciplines and subcontract managers is free flowing and works are co-ordinated effectively
• As required, prepare & implement Risk Assessments & Method Statements for directly resourced works
• Plan and procure materials & plant as required for works on site as required and ensure efficient use / stocks are maintained provide feedback and identification of any issues in a timely manner
• Attend / arrange weekly co-ordination, progress and programme / resource meetings as required
• Proactive management of risk & progressing & reporting on mitigative actions
• Degree/HNC level qualification in a relevant engineering subject
• Understanding of engineering principles
• Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
• Some civil / MEICA construction experience
• Design Management experience
• Frontline and project supporting roles available.
• Relevant CSCS Card
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)
UK-Southern Water-Site Based