Consumers want all the content they can imagine, anytime, anywhere and on the device of their choosing. Consumers are clamoring for it. Industry is struggling to deliver it. Enter Synacor, making it all possible. We're the leading provider of innovative cloud-based Authentication, Personalization, and Video services coupled with engaging mobile applications. If you have a passion for technology and want to work on products that will change the world of digital entertainment, then check out Synacor and apply!|
Synacor is looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of Quality. Someone who likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what's new and what's current. As a Sr. Software Quality Engineer on our Quality Engineering team, you will be responsible for the quality of Synacor's Search and Advertising platform, which integrates with industry leading search providers and ad networks. You will work closely with Product, Operations, and Engineering on the project delivery process and ensure high quality releases to our clients.
- Planning, designing, developing and executing tests that assure product feature functionality and reliability expectations for our Search and Advertising product line
- Work with the development team to ensure tests are effective and efficient, while evaluating the test needs to determine highest priority and benefit
- Develop and execute automated scripts to ensure high quality deliverables
- Develop tools to improve the quality and productivity coverage and completeness of tests. Ensure test servers are built operationally and are ready for testing
- Coordinate System testing with other team members, internal users and test partners
- Assist in maintaining current regression test framework as well as developing new tests
- Provide comprehensive release assessments and ensure Quality metric dashboards are accurate and updated
- Investigate and troubleshoot all issues; ensure all problems have descriptive bug reports and are tracked.
- Work closely with Change Management and Project Management on release builds, deployment packages, and completed tickets
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development, testing and test automation experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual level
- Ability to analyze complicated software systems and design a test strategy accordingly
- Ability to understand our customers and build in continuous quality improvements
- Proficient with software development tools/environments such as Jenkins/Bamboo, Confluence, Git, etc.
- Understanding of Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with defect tracking tools (Jira) and Test Management Tools (such as ALM or TestRail)
- Evidence of problem solving and technical troubleshooting
- Experience testing RESTful web service APIs is a plus.
- Experience with multi platform testing including Mobile devices a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment