|Job Ref:||EMP367501||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£60,000/year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:32|
Our client is a leading consultancy specialising in the innovation and development of new technologies. Due to the continued growth and successes within Life Sciences they are looking to grow their capabilities within cell and molecular biochemistry. |
A clear track record of innovative research. Proven ability to lead independent research in cell and molecular biochemistry
We are looking to engage with extraordinary candidates within the field of cell and molecular biology/biochemistry and we are particularly interested in candidates with the proven abillity to pick up and master new technology. This group does not develop routine assays, but invent novel assay types. Typical techniques employed in molecular engineering include in vitro libraries, cell engineering, chemical formulations, novel bioassay or technology development, novel molecular detection methods or recombinant organisms.
Relevant markets: pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, diagnostics etc.
This company is like no other and this role has no set job description. The nature of the project work is highly diverse and completely new in many instances - this is as 'R&D' as they come! Ultimately, the successful candidate will be a key player in all stages of the development process from project conception to end result delivery.
- Use your creativity and experience within cell/molecular biochemistry to tackle complex problems.
- Pick up and master new technologies to a very high standard fast. These may be related to novel scientific discovery tools, technology developments or new commercial life science value chains (IP).
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and communicating time lines.
- Collaborate with the wider, multi-disciplinary team and act as a thought leader on various projects.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external project sponsors.
Candidates from academia or industry would be welcomed so long as the relevant skills/experience is fulfilled.
- Biochemist (BSc or MSc) and PhD, with demonstrated ability to lead independent research in both molecular and cellular biochemistry.
- Clear history of research publications in top peer reviewed journals with at least 2 high impact publications.
- Proven expertise with several current, cutting edge technologies for molecular analysis (e.g., SPR, FRET, micro RNA, NGS, and qPCR) and cellular assays (e.g., metabolic labelling, CRISPR, stem cell isolation, confocal microscopy, or signalling pathway analysis).
- Well rounded, classical knowledge base in biochemistry (including organic and physical biochemistry, molecular genetics and protein science).
- Have an entrepreneurial flair with good business acumen.
- Ideally, experience of intellectual property and/or commercial R&D.
The Company Provides:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits!
- Freedom for career progression in the way you want and the freedom to drive your own ideas!
- The opportunity to participate in a fast-moving, world-class, high-tech, organisation!
- The opportunity to contribute to new innovative products for the life sciences market!
If you are passionate about life sciences and affinity for cutting edge technologies then we'd like to hear from you. Please feel free to call Rachel Nuth on NA for further information.