|Job Ref:||EMP366468||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Penryn||Address:||Post Code:||TR10||Salary:||£42,000/year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:32|
Our client aim to be the leading creator of the best technological advancements and innovative product offering. We are actively looking to engage with experienced R&D Chemists, ready to join a global leader in high-performance coatings.|
Significant experience within the coatings/adhesives/inks industries and good exposure within manufacturing
The role focuses on the formulation of functional surface coatings, adhesives & inks for sale as compounded chemistry or for application to flexible substrates by our own operations.
This role plays a key part in our success, by driving change, promoting collaboration, constant effort to meet our business objectives and increase customer satisfaction. You will be offered the platform to take an innovative approach to the product offering and lead projects as you see fit.
- Formulation design and development.
- Coordinating projects from conception through to commercial acceptance and providing technical support / troubleshooting throughout the product life cycle.
- The ability to progress projects, but also having the necessary interpersonal skills to integrate within a team for group communication.
- Managing regular and ad hoc projects within the R&D scope, updating & advising the Laboratory Supervisor & Technical Director.
- Evaluating raw materials efficiently & selecting suitable raw chemistries for formulation. Liaising with suppliers.
- Remaining focussed on project objectives and be able to meet deadlines.
- Producing pilot coatings & employing test procedures for establishing functionality / performance.
- Preparing for & conducting pre-production trials.
- Working with other key Technical, Production & Sales personnel to ensure the effective flow of information within the business.
- Proven industry experience within a Coatings / Inks / Adhesives Chemistry-based position.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, where there is a requirement to understand technical processes.
- Resilient and results oriented, with a strong quality focus and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload.
- An energetic and optimistic team player.
- Ability to remain effective when working under pressure.
We encourage candidates that are interested in this position to call NA.