|Job Ref:||EMP369038||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||Address:||Salary:||£40,000 - £55,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
My client is looking for a Site Manager to work to deliver various Environment Agency and public sector schemes across various locations over Thames Valley and the Home Counties.|
Construction management background within infrastructure projects, Marine/ Flood Defence/ Water/ Earthworks
• To participate in the Pre-Construction process, supporting the bid teams
• To lead the contractors team within ESE support contracts
• To take full responsibility for delivery of construction contracts from award through to the issue of the Defects Certificate.
• To maintain and maximise quality of service and profitability.
• Maintain and enforce health, safety and environmental standards as required by statute and company’s safety policies.
• Maintain and enforce quality standards as defined by statute and the company’s policies.
• To build long term relationships with clients, joint venture partners, contractors and other key stakeholders
• To build and develop skilled personnel to support the division in the region and cater for future growth
• Establish, Maintain and enforce compliance with the current safety legislation and the Company’s Health Safety and Environmental Policies.
• Undertake role of the Site Safety Supervisor.
• Establish and lead the Challenging Beliefs Affecting Behaviours initiative
• Ensure the site fulfils all obligations for external compliance audits
• Maintain the culture whereby everyone is continually seeking to satisfy customer requirements.
• Ensure systems are in place and used in order that quality of work is to the prescribed contractual and national standards.
• Plan, co-ordinate, maintain and develop staff and contractors to undertake current and prospective workloads and introduce new techniques including preparing presentations to share any learnings within the company.
• Plan and co-ordinate the project prior to commencement.
• Ensure the correct administering of the Contractual Processes
• Ensure adequate briefing of the Contractual Obligations and allowances to the site team
• Liaise with the Pre-construction Department to build understanding of the bid, obligations and allowances and post-contract to provide feedback.
• Ensure all design processes are controlled to delivery on time and to agreed budgets with emphasis on buildability
• Oversee the day to day construction processes and ensure co-ordination within the site team, client and contractors
• Control and monitor the planning and progress of the works.
• Administer the cost forecast, valuation and reporting systems, maximise cash flow and profitability.
• Implement strict financial controls on subcontractors, suppliers and operatives.
• Ensure full participation in staff development review, training and mentoring
• Ensure the timely reporting of information in line with internal company and external client requirements
• Manage the project procurement process for suppliers and contractors in line with the divisional processes and commercial best practise.
• Determine customer satisfaction levels.
• Actively participate in the Company’s business planning process.
• Build long term relationships with Clients, Joint Venture Partners, contractors and other key stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven track record in site project management
• Ideally Chartered or EngTech Status
• CSCS card
• Background in marine flood defense works with earthworks / highways and railways an advantage, value £5 to £15m.
• Thorough understanding of commercial processes
• Thorough understanding of project planning and monitoring processes
• Thorough understanding of safety, environmental and quality management processes and able to demonstrate positive track record.
• Ideally able to provide evidence of successful stakeholder engagement.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK