|Job Ref:||EMP364536||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Brighton||Address:||Salary:||£60,000 - £70,000/year||Post Date:||19/10/2016 21:31|
An opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineering Discipline Lead to join our client based in Sussex. |
Extensive UK Waste Water Process industry experience
The role holder will take a strategic overview and provide a lead to the company on technical direction through the development of technical strategies, policies and standards, and advice and support provided to the organisation and the supply chain. The role holder will overview technical issues across the capital delivery programme to ensure that best value solutions which meet company business objectives are achieved and to ensure continuous improvement is incorporated in policies, standards and specifications. The Discipline Lead is the most senior technical role within the organisation and is also responsible for managing the resource pool within their discipline through liaison with the relevant Project Design Leads.
The role holder will:
• Make decisions and recommendations that are recognised as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities.
• Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key engineers and officials of other organisations and companies.
• Develop standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
• Identify, develop understanding of and resolve generic issues by independently applying advanced engineering judgement, modifying and extending engineering theories and practice in own field.
• Develop and manage technical standards to achieve appropriate quality in line with the company objectives.
• Lead the technical assessment of key framework agreement tenders and manage the technical interface with the suppliers.
• Manage resources through liaison with the Project Design leads, ensuring resource management is aligned to the design programme
• Coach and mentor more junior technical staff to maintain and develop the company’s technical skill base.
• Establish and chair cross business technical groups to resolve issues, provide technical policies and maintain technical standards.
• Consult with and be consulted by associates within own department and the wider company, over matters of professional and technical judgement.
• Communicate via written, verbal and presentations within and external to the team.
• Actively research and seek industry best practice, providing feedback on latest industry developments via company-wide reports and presentations.
• Promote and integrate the application of Innovation to support company objectives.
To be suitable for this role you will have a Technical / Scientific degree (or equivalent), significant water industry engineering experience, experience at Principal Engineer grade, proven project management experience, and experience in policy / strategy / specification formulation.