|Job Ref:||EMP371334||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Salary:||Up to £1/year||Post Date:||19/10/2016 21:31|
Our client are a major defence technology business currently seeking an experience EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) Engineer to join them in their Edinburgh offices. |
Experience of EMC test and RF safety testing
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the EMC Team in Edinburgh. This small team provides UKAS accredited EMC testing against various EMC standards (primarily military). The EMC Team also provides expert advice, guidance and governance throughout the full lifecycle of all projects on site for matters relating to EMC.
**Key Responsibility Areas**
- Your role will be to primarily support EMC testing against military standards to satisfy UKAS accreditation.
- The role will also include responsibility for Measurement Uncertainty Budget (with training provided as necessary) and to provide/support other activities such as formal report writing and general facility/equipment maintenance.
- You will also play an active role in the on-going process improvement initiatives within the EMC team and knowledge sharing of EMC topics across the wider business.
**Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required**
Ideally you will possess a minimum of HNC in Engineering Systems or related technical discipline.
- Experience within an EMC test facility or good understanding of EMC specifications is preferred though not essential.
- You will have sound understanding of the principles of:
- Measurement & Instrumentation systems
- Electrical & RF Safety and testing
- Electrical power systems
You should be familiar with Microsoft Office, notably Word in order to produce documents to a high standards. You should also have experience using standard EMC lab test equipment.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK