We are Bombardier |
Get on board; we can drive you further in your career!
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world, our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment.
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are currently looking to recruit an Operations & Maintenance Director to join the prestigious Crossrail Project based in London.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is responsible for the delivery of the Fleet Operations maintenance obligations for Europe's biggest engineering project, Crossrail. Within this role you will oversee and deliver the 35 year, £1.3bn contract to maintain the very latest trains for the new Elizabeth Line in London due to enter into service in 2017. The maintenance operations will be delivered across multiple depots including the new, customer built depot to meet all contractual demands and requirements.
You will oversee the introduction of the new rolling stock from type testing to steady state, ensure the newly established depot is fully resourced to meet contractual obligations and act as the primary customer contact point for all discussions and needs.
Management of Crossrail Maintenance Contract
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the TfL and MTR (Operator) organisations and their working methods.
- Act as the primary customer contact point for all contract/project deliverables for the Crossrail fleet maintenance contract.
- Hold overall responsibility for all Crossrail work sites including the new £180M Old Oak Common Train Maintenance Facility meeting all HSE and legal requirements and obligations.
- Manage the performance and delivery for the diverse multi-functional team at the new depot and across other existing depots
- Prepare & deliver the phased introduction of the Crossrail, test and operational service fleets.
- Deliver all planned and unplanned maintenance and overhaul requirements for the Crossrail fleet.
- Deliver the contractual requirements for train cleaning and presentation, including the achievement of contracted standards.
- Ensure safe delivery of the required train plan/contractual requirements for train availability and reliability.
Functional Duties as a key member of the Project Core Team
- Responsible for the maintaining and presenting the following across the BT leadership teams - WBS, Detailed Project Schedule, Customer Interface, Project Risk, Opportunity and Improvement Management, Project Launch (including the Orange Book), Change Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring as well as the Project Reporting requirements internally to highlight both the status and financial performance achieved.
Leadership duties within the Project Core Team
- Hold the authority and the obligation to review the effort of the Project Core Team members and to give directives related to the project execution, as such will be involved in the PMP objective setting process for all Project Core Team members
- Responsible for management of all communication with the Customer
- Lead the Project Core Team effort to meet periodic financial targets
- Responsible for adapting his/her leadership and motivational skills to the project, the team or individual's capabilities and knowledge, the time and tools available and the results desired.
- Develop "must do" strategies to increase team effectiveness and the belief that "none of us is as good as all of us.", in order to help the team go through the distinct stages of 'forming, storming, norming and performing'.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Masters' Degree in an engineering, science, business or management discipline desirable
- MBA desirable
- Depth of understanding and demonstrable experience in delivering fleet operational maintenance obligations
- Recognised track record in delivering superior performance in Rail Operations maintenance and train provision contracts
- Detailed knowledge of UK train operations and of key industry stakeholders (Network Rail, TOCs, ORR etc).
- Hands on experience of developing and assessing potential project scenarios and their commercial impact, to optimize financial and operational performance
- Comfortable managing and communicating across a diverse multi-functional team as well as have the natural ability to engage people though impressive presentation
- Proven ability to influence demonstrating pace, energy and passion alongside the ability to maintain momentum through sheer determination and personal example
- Developed communication skills to negotiate internally and externally at high levels including Customer Board Level and to BT President level as required.
- Strong problem solving skills, numerate, systematic and analytical, with previous operational responsibility for planning, finances/budget, end results; setting policies.
- Experience working and managing cross-functionally in large, dispersed global function
- Acts decisively in difficult or unprecedented situations with managerial courage and accepts responsibility for the consequences of these decisions
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping create a better world.
ECO4 - the formula for energy-saving performance.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions that are almost fully recyclable energy.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Posting date: 29.07.2016
Closing date: 29.08.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37