Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||82350BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gloucester||Address:||Post Code:||GL1||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
Apprentice Software Engineer(s)
A fantastic opportunity to start your career with Raytheon UK in our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Team based in Gloucester. We operate an Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be exposed to the full software development lifecycle, helping to develop solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. You will receive training, both formal and on-the-job from experienced engineers to help you become a well-rounded professional.
Basic Objective: To assist with the design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems
• Be involved in the design and development of product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
• Assist with the document designs and advise on product support material
• Help investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer issues
• Contribute to the innovation of new products and services for our customer base
• Assist with test plans and methodologies to ensure developed products meet Raytheon quality standards
• Be involved in, committed to and part of the continuous improvement of software applications and systems
Candidates should have a demonstrable interest in software development. In addition, you should have evidence of self-taught skills or some formal training in one or more of the following:
• Java application development
• C/C++ based application development
• Application development using Java orientated middleware,
• Software application development utilizing RDBMS
Further interest and/or skills in any of the following is also desirable:
• Experience of scripting languages;
• Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
• Experience with high performance distributed systems
• Experience of Big Data Analytics and Visualization
• Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
• Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
• Good understanding of virtualisation
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
• An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
• A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
• Ability to work closely with others in a small team
• Ability to work under pressure
• High degree of initiative and flexibility
• Willingness to travel if required
• Willingness to obtain and maintain a UK Government Security Clearance
I.T BTEC Extended Diploma or relevant level 3 technical certificate, an advanced apprenticeship or equivalent.
Employment in the technology/telecommunications industry for a number of years or equivalent
Functional Skills Level 2 or GCSE grace A-C in English and Maths or equivalent
Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers' critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities led to the establishment of our Cyber Innovation Centre in Gloucestershire, which has grown rapidly since opening in late 2014.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Gloucester