Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||82476BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
Job Title: IT Support / Technical Analyst |
Req ID: 82476BR
To support the growth of our Cyber Innovation Centre at a new site in Manchester.
Summary of Role:
Raytheon has a opportunity for a willing and experienced IT professional to provide dedicated and onsite support to a growing business venture based in a new office. The role is to provide onsite IT administration and support for programme systems and to support users, visitors and customers.
• Deliver IT systems and processes in support of the programme and provide an interface to central IT.
• Provide 1st line/Service desk support - setting up new users with IT equipment (laptops, desktops, zero / thin clients and mobile phones).
• Manage risk by reporting back to the wider IT group on trends, issues and potential problems.
• Provide on-going IT support to programme users, customers, visitors and their hardware
• Manage data rooms & equipment within them.
• PUE (Programme unique environment). Responsible for monitoring, administration, including arranging and carrying out approved changes, and patching. Create and maintain documentation for the environment. Build / rebuild PUE(s). Create and maintain documentation about the environments.
• Provide advice for IT related equipment purchases. Organise quotes and delivery of IT equipment.
• Create IP Phone Accounts.
• Establish and execute backup jobs and media management to protect programme data.
• Manage change to maintain IT system availability.
• You will be expected to manage your own workload and be able to work unsupervised.
• You are flexible in your working approach, looking for a challenge, including travelling to and working from a variety of locations.
• You are able to communicate with customers in a non-technical way.
• All successful applicants must be willing and able to obtain UK Security clearance to SC and likely to extend to DV level of clearance.
You have experience of:
• Computing and mobile hardware from vendors such as hp, dell and apple.
• Local network, IP and telephony support.
• Microsoft client and server operating system skills
• Installation & configuration of client based applications such as but not limited to Microsoft office suite, Firefox, Autocad, Acrobat etc .
• Supporting Software development environments and associated tool sets.
• Experience as a Linux System Administrator.
• Experience with Big Data/Cloudera.
• Experience with Virtual Environments/VMWare.
• ITIL Qualified and knowledge of software development lifecycles
• Knowledge of tools used to manage software development projects
• Technical qualifications in the Microsoft, HP or Cisco disciplines
• You will be experienced in managing change in a fast paced IT environment
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Uxbridge, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon UK is opening a new Cyber Security Innovation Centre in Manchester in 2016/17; offering an opportunity for an eclectic range of roles to work in a highly dynamic environment alongside some of the world's leading experts in the cyber security and intelligence fields.
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers' critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. This will not be your traditional defence contracting company job. We look to foster a work environment that will encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Manchester