Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||1044890||Employer:||KBR, Inc.||Country:||United States||City:||MO||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 21:01|
Job Description: Maintenance Planner |
• Responsible for initial screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope, and analysis of required level of planning
• Conducts field walk downs to identify and document job requirements.
• Identifies specific safety hazards that will be encountered in the performance of the proposed work
• Makes safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out procedures available to employees. Ensures that all aspects of the existing company safety policy are incorporated into the job plan.
• Estimates required hours on work order tasks, total work order duration, and skills required to perform the task.
• Plans jobs with appropriate level of detail for the given skilled trades workforce
• Determines and includes QA/QC requirements on jobs.
• Procures equipment and specialized tools required to perform work
• Gathers necessary engineering or technical documents, specifications, and drawings
• Writes clear and concise work procedures
• Determines and arranges for parts required to perform the work (when no expediter exists)
• Plans parts for all projects to increase "wrench time" and maximize efficiency.
• Compiles information into a job package that is ready for skilled trades - clearly communicates with skilled trades regarding critical steps in the process
• Prints and delivers work orders to the skilled trades in conjunction with the weekly work schedule.
• Upon completion of jobs, communicates with skilled trades regarding ideas and procedures that would make future jobs more efficient
• Coordinates priority setting with the management team - places specific emphasis on obtaining the input of operations personnel in the setting of priorities
• Keeps bills of materials current.
• Is able to accurately measure the maintenance backlog in its various forms and continually maintains not less than 2 weeks worth of ready backlog at all times.
• Responsible for equipment and repair parts data entry and management.
• Ensures all work orders and maintenance log items are closed when work is finished.
• Participates in outage planning activities such as scope identification and control, scheduling, coordination, risk assessment, execution, and continuous improvement.
• Communicates with contractor resources directly on specific work orders assigned to the contractors and the performance expectations of the work order. Does not manage the contractors, but ensures that all of the details of the work order are clearly communicated and understood.
• Participates with Reliability Department personnel on improvement projects, particularly when they are related to the proactive maintenance plan (CBM and PM)
• Compiles and delivers reports from CMMS (EAM) regarding the work execution management process.
• Please note. This list of Roles and responsibilities may not be all inclusive.
Skill and Knowledge Required :
• Computer skills required:
o EAM/CMMS o Spreadsheet and Word Processing (Excel, Word)
o Project Management Software (MS Project, Primavera, etc.)
• Able to efficiently perform internet searches and research
• Able to read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively with shop floor personnel, vendors, OEM suppliers, and management personnel
• Able to perform some level of cost analysis and work within a structured budget
• Ability to write detailed repair reports
• Able to develop and deliver a clear and concise presentation when required
• Committed to safety and teamwork.
• Highly motivated
• Ability to learn and apply maintenance best practices.
• Ability to organize and plan tasks
• Self Directing - Able to work towards specific goals and objectives with limited daily oversight
Educational and/or Certification Requirements :
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Experience with current EAM/CMMS desirable but not required
• Minimum 5-years work experience in the skilled trades
• Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
• Some level of supervisory experience is desirable
• Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.