|Job Ref:||CLG348564||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45,000 - £55,000/year||Post Date:||19/10/2016 21:31|
A new opportunity has recently arisen with our client, one of the UK's leading multidisciplinary engineering companies, for an experienced Principal or Associate Bridge Engineer to join their team and successfully lead on a number of structural & bridge projects.|
Experience working on various complex structural/bridge projects, as well as experience leading teams towards successful outcomes.
As a Principal / Associate Bridge Engineer you will be working on a variety of project types, sizes and complexities. Responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of bridge and bridge related structural scheme designs at feasibility, optioneering and detailed design stages, as well as leading a team successfully towards objectives
• Providing technical direction to other design engineers and/or technicians
• Liaison with clients, contractors and third parties
• Interfacing with other engineering disciplines such as geotechnical, highways, railways, coastal & marine, and environmental engineers
• You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility
• Preparation of contract documents and fee estimates.
• A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Chartered Member of ICE or equivalent
• Extensive experience in the highway bridges or railway bridges sector
• Excellent understanding of structural behaviour and detailed knowledge of current codes and standards, including Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW, and Network Rail standards
• Excellent capability of design analysis and assessment of structures using LUSAS or Midas, SuperSTRESS, Archie, MEXE, etc.
• Experience of liaising and negotiating with client representatives and senior staff
• Thorough understanding of the Specification for Highway Works
• Able to produce well-presented and accurate drawings and reports
• Able to manage a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
• Capability to manage tasks and costs; and deliver programmed work on time and under budget
• Good IT skills
• Experience of motivating and driving delivery teams
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience of construction supervision
• Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
• Knowledge of local authority interfaces
• Health and Safety training in the Bridges Sector
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK