Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP350132||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Highways & Transport||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£36,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||20/10/2016 21:31|
A great opportunity has arisen with our client, one of the UK's leading civil engineering consultants, for a Senior Highway Engineer to assist and lead various traffic schemes and major highways schemes. |
Experience dealing with various highway design projects and leading teams.
• Significant experience of highways and traffic engineering design, ideally gained in a consultancy background.
• Demonstrable industry experience, with a good understanding of the latest highways design standards and guidance, eg DMRB, TSRGD, relevant TfL and Highways England guidance and procedures as applicable. Ability to apply them with minimal supervision
• Good written skills and track record in the preparation of reports and technical specifications.
• Proven experience in feasibility, preliminary and detailed design, including associated traffic management requirements, and experience of writing technical specifications and reports.
• Site supervision and experience of working closely with works contractors.
• Proven experience in road design, horizontal & vertical geometry, road alignment, pavement build-up, setting out, cross sections, long sections, ground modelling, excavation level, formation level, finished level, cut/ fill, earthwork, contours
• Ability to undertake designer’s duties in accordance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
• Experience of coordinating utility searches and assessing potential conflicts.
• Experience of working with OS base mapping and topographical surveys
• Proficiency in the use and application of AutoDesk products such as AutoCAD, AutoTrack. Knowledge of KeySIGN, KeySignals and PDSLines an advantage but not essential.
• Working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM)
• Good project management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects for various clients concurrently.
• A proven track record of working closely with clients, meeting client’s expectations whilst maintaining relationships
• An ability to develop, review, amend and negotiate project scopes, fee proposals and manage change control.
• A proven track record in the preparation of scoping documents and delivering projects that satisfy client’s objectives.
• Stakeholder management.
Business development / client relationship management:
• Experience of bid writing and business development.
• Assess and recognise commercial and technical risk within proposals and adopt procedures to mitigate risk
• Preparation of tender and contract documentation and contract administration
Qualifications and Work Experience:
• Around 5-10 years’ experience, ideally gained in a consultancy background
• Achieved – or be actively seeking to achieve - Chartered status through ICE, CIHT or equivalent, and have appropriate professional accreditations.
• Experience motivating, developing and counselling junior staff and supporting them in delivery of projects with appropriate guidance, mentoring and encouragement
Ideally, the candidate will also have:
• Relevant project management qualifications (eg PRINCE2/APMP).
• A track record arranging and making presentations for internal / external bodies, and developing and presenting conference papers on the work undertaken by the team