Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. |
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Purpose of the job:
- The Contracts function supports bid and project execution by assuming responsibility for the legal and contract related aspects. This includes for example: Assessing - at bid stage - the potential risks in contracts terms and conditions and developing appropriate mitigating measures; seeking approval and mandates from group and via group from corporate headquarters, as required; participating in negotiations with customers and partners; and drafting appropriate partnership agreements. Contracts also ensures the compliance of contracts with given mandates, drafts appropriate contracts for subcontractors, assists Procurement and Project Management with contract related legal issues throughout the life of a project and manages project-related litigation.
- Contracts ensures the legal support for new and existing projects within the APAC region.
- Contracts manages support from the respective functions concerning insurance, tax, IPR, bank guarantee and Parent Company guarantee issues.
- Contracts coordinates and prepares litigation and supports Project Management concerning claim management.
- Contracts provides legal support to other functions of APAC NA rolling out policies and directives of Group or Corporate Contracts/legaldrafting internal memos, policies, and rules, providing relative trainings to other functions and supervising the implementation of the internal rules of Corporate, Group and APAC.
- Bid Approval process: Participation in phases 2, 3 and 4 (respectively Pre-Bid Phase, Bid Preparation Phase, Negotiation Phase)
- Procurement: Preparation of "master" terms and conditions for subcontractors and general support when needed for contract negotiations.
- Project Management: Manage litigation and support Claim Management. Provide support to project directors during execution
- Management: Overall management of relationship and mandates with external councils.
- Claim Management (Coordination/Support)
- For the Legal entities under the responsibility of the position:
- Ensuringingt all quarterly/yearly required corporate activities are duly completed and reported internally in GEMS and / or externally as the case may be.
- Ensuring all corporate activities requiring CSARs as per BT's governance are executed.
- Provide support on corporate affairs to Group/Corporate Legal.
Relevant experience required
- Solid legal education (commercial law, civil law, public procurement law)
- 5 years of experience in Legal Background in International Environment
- Understanding and ability to work in many different national legal systems, profound understanding of international legal contexts and the dynamics of the interaction between a large number of jurisdictions
- Commercial background regarding international business
- An experience in advising turnkey projects and or PPP projects is considered as an asset
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Good economical understanding and the ability to relate to technical issues.
- Deeply route understanding of the key success factors in an industry
- Highest personal flexibility, initiative and commitment that will enable him/her to be "part of the solution" at any time combined with a hardworking "hands on " mannerism and a pragmatic view to achieve economic goals. Working in an organized, structured and professional manner
- Being a team player and open and honest personality is a must
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Mandarin is considered as a plus
- Good background/understanding in North Asia Culture (China, Taiwan, South Korea)
- Good knowledge of MS office suite
- Highest sense of responsibility