|Job Ref:||1616686||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Westford||Address:||Post Date:||29/09/2016 22:07|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
Description The Hardware Engineer envisions and conceptualizes the initial design specifications for each project while working with the engineering team and other cross functional team members to identify customer requirements and estimate project costs and efforts. The Hardware Engineer will support a team of engineers with the assembly/circuit design within a production environment, which will include all design processes from research of circuit designs through manufacturing support. The Hardware Engineer will work cooperatively with senior design team members in the electrical, mechanical, and firmware disciplines.
Duties/Responsibilities • Assist in developing system and board designs using ARM family system-on-a-chip embedded processors. Processor circuit development will include NAND flash, DDR3, SD, and other high-speed memory devices.
• Develop circuits for discrete I/O control with relevant transient and surge protection.
• Develop low power supply circuits: power-over Ethernet (PoE), Point-of-Load (PoL), etc.
• Develop design schematics.
• Prepare circuit board Bill of Materials (BOM) for cost analysis.
• Work closely with PCB layout engineer to ensure proper components’’ placement and routing.
• Develop/supervise electronic packaging design including EMC and thermal analysis.
• Troubleshoot/Debug first prototype and subsequent HW spins.
• Develop manufacturing/testing procedures.
• Participate with teams to perform root-cause analysis of design, production process, or field problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Knowledge of embedded processor circuit designs.
• Knowledge of digital I/O and digital peripheral circuit designs.
• Knowledge of Ethernet and I/O interface circuit designs.
• Knowledge of Bluetooth designs including antennae.
• Knowledge of rechargeable battery designs.
• knowledge of circuit board development cycle including schematic development/entry, PCB lay-out, Bills of Materials, first article testing, and transition to manufacturing.
• Familiar with designing to meet relevant compliance standards.
• Knowledgeable in using design tools for schematic capture, signal integrity analysis, analog simulation, and board layout tools.
• Some experience with electronic packaging.
• Experience in electronic testing including the use of scopes and data and spectrum analyzers.
• Understanding of design for six sigma methodology.
Education and Experience • BS in Electrical Engineering. MS is preferred.
• 5 to 7 years of experience in the development of embedded processor based circuits through the complete development cycle.