|Job Ref:||1616675||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 22:12|
Shift Process Technician – Automated Assembly
Location: Skelmersdale,WN8 9RA
Salary: Strong salary Shift Allowance
Scott Safety, a Johnson Controls business, is a premier manufacturer of innovative respiratory and personal protective equipment and safety devices for firefighters, industrial workers, police squads, militaries, homeland security forces, and rescue teams around the world.
With five global manufacturing locations, Scott products protect thousands of individuals each day from environmental hazards including smoke, toxic fumes, combustible gases, falling objects, and contaminants. The Scott product line includes self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), supplied air and air-purifying respirators, PPE,gas and flame detection instruments, thermal imaging cameras, and firefighter communications and accountability devices.
Our Headquartered is in Monroe, North Carolina; Scott Safety generates approximately $500 million in revenues annually, employing more than 1,700 people worldwide, and has operations in Asia, Australia, Canada, China, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, New Zealand, and more.
Read more about us at NA
Scott Safety have undergone a recent investment of $11M into ‘State of the Art’ automated respiratory filter assembly cells, using ABB multiaxis robotics. Do you want to join our new manufacturing team as a shift process technician, to support production in meeting the business plans and drive continuous improvement? Training will be a key part of the role, but previous experience of ABB robot would be an advantage.
• Ensuring production targets are met, optimise output & minimise defects
• Technical production support for filterlines
• Electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, PLC fault finding
• Preventative maintenance
• Equipment breakdown repairs
• Establishing process conditions
• In-line quality checks
Required Job Skills:
• Experience of automated assembly production lines
• Experience of ABB robots (preferred)
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work with staff at differing levels of the organisation.
• Ability to assess and upgrade procedures and systems.
• Strong communication skills
• A team player
• Versatile and a self-starter able to work without supervision
We are looking for people passionate about improvement and are keen to learn new skills and apply them in a pro-active way.