|Job Ref:||1616250||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Wisconsin||City:||Marinette||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 22:12|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Dry Operator operates and controls the process for making a variety of different dry chemical blends and finished products.
Dumps batches from Ball Mill or Littleford Blender, transfers product to various hoppers and performs process troubleshooting.
May also be called upon to weigh out raw materials and prepare batch charges for Multi System and Ross Mixer.
This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know their duties in case of emergency
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Moderate to heavy lifting: lifting 60# pails and 100 pound bags plus moving of 200-400# Fiber drums.
Must be able to read, write, understand and use digital and regular scales.
Must be able to climb stairs and work at high elevations.
Must have trouble shooting skills and be able to train and coordinate the work assignments.
Must maintain a current forklift license.
1. Prepares mills and blenders for charging by checking instruments, graphs, pumps, steam, temperatures, water and controls.
2. After milling, grinding or pre-blending, transfers batch to Littleford blender or Big Ball and then to various hoppers for filling into tote bins, cartons, pails or bags.
3. Maintains process by monitoring batch processing and batch records.
4. Unloads airslide cars of bulk bicarbonate by hooking up to pneumatic conveying system.
5. Performs shutdown operations such as steaming the Ball Mill, cleaning grinder (visually inspecting screens for any problems) and shutting down the system for repairs.
6. When switching to a different dry chemical process, may need to do a system cleanout.
7. Operates lift truck to haul raw and finished materials and/or product to and from work area.
8. Troubleshoots and performs some minor maintenance on mechanical process equipment.
9. Checks raw materials stock to inform Supervisor and/or Material Control of low inventory levels.
10. Transfers finished product to bulk trucks or production floor.
11. Performs housekeeping and other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.