|Job Ref:||NM0047||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£ 28,000 - £ 28,500 per year, Company Vehicle||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:20|
Maintenance Engineer - Manchester|
£28,000 - £28,500
Are you an existing maintenance engineer looking to elevate & progress your career? Then you're in luck, we've got the perfect role for you with one of the largest FM companies in the UK.
Our client, an international FM company with a proud history and reputation within the sector is looking for an experienced maintenance engineer to join a forward-thinking, ambitious team and contribute to the completion of a busy contract based in Manchester.
The 2 sites, located in Manchester, are easily accessible via a nearby motorway for the provided vehicle.
* Company Vehicle
* 25 Days Holiday Plus BH
* Long term service awards
* Robust & consistent management of the on site team taking into consideration & taking into account best practice
* Responsible for the people management of direct reports including annual appraisals and reviews.
* Preparation of business cases and presenting at monthly/quarterly client meetings
* Preparation & collation of monthly dashboard, CAFM & client reports
* Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies
* Maintain control of local budgets & ensure delivery within budgetary guidelines
* Validating invoicing against site activities and spend, including validating and checking of related worksheets, purchase orders and associated back-up information
* To liaise with and submit to the client, quotations and supporting information relating to additional works, special projects and other variable charges
* Ensure compliance & proactive approach to companies sustainability's agenda
* To be prepared to provide support to cover other sites (on occasion)
* Any additional duties as requested by your line manager.
* Management of all internal & external training to ensure compliance, succession planning, continuous improvement & personal development
* Conduct regular performance reviews with all individuals & to ensure customer service excellence & continuous improvement
Knowledge skills & experience
* Proven ability to motivate and lead a multi-skilled team in the support of Facilities Management and the management of operational incidents
* Demonstrable experience of budget management and control of small revenue works
* Experience of controlling multi site team involving hard and soft services for a multi site
* Extensive experience of project management dealing with sub-contractors and supply chain within a complex multi faceted operation
* The ability to introduce change through a structured approach
* Team management skills including communication, prioritisation, planning likely to have been obtained over several years
* Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
* Proven communication and influencing skills with the ability to gain acceptance at all levels of management and external suppliers
* Ability to understand complex Premises issues
* Proven analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to use initiative, judgement and take decisions
* Ability to act calmly and give clear instructions in an emergency
* Ability to communicate at all levels
* Ability to work under pressure
* Team player
* IOSH ( desirable)
* GCSE standard in English and Maths or equivalent
* Tact and diplomacy
* Good interpersonal skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Positive disposition - self-motivated and ability to motivate others
* Decision maker and problem solver
If you're looking to take the next-step in your career by joining an established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is for you, don't hesitate, apply today.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills "Maintenance" "Engineer" "Facilities Management"
qualification Electrical Qualifications (Desirable not Crucial)