Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||bewi907144||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 48,000 - £ 50,000 per year||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:18|
TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER - M&E PROVIDER - CENTRAL LONDON - UP TO 50K|
Would you like to work on a prestigious blue chip contract based in the city of London?
Have you got a strong engineering background and are looking for a challenging role?
If so please read on....
One of the leading M&E service providers in the UK are currently looking to recruit a Technical Services Manager to work at one of their most prestigious commercial buildings.
The role will be working as part of their busy in house engineering and property team covering Monday to Friday, 8.00 to 17.00 and will be managing one supervisor and a team of six engineers.
This is an immediate start so there is an opportunity to start on a temporary to permanent basis.
The main duties for the role are as follows:
* Control of all mechanical and electrical services, together with management of all associated engineering contracts.
* Control of all building services, infrastructure, maintenance and repairs.
* Project management of any building refurbishment projects.
* Ensure that all plant, back up and monitoring systems are maintained in good functioning order at all times, including the testing of all essential systems on a regular basis and in accordance with any relevant legislation.
* Control of trouble-shooting engineering support.
* Day to day support and adjustment of infrastructure as required, including liaison with user groups, preparation of documentation for changes, approved appointment of contractors and site supervision.
* Control and management of all relevant budgets.
* Control of all relevant outsourced contracts.
* Ensure all procedures are adhered to by all relevant contractors and in accordance with current legislation.
* Assume full responsibility for the preparation of tender documents/benchmarking exercise for all relevant contracts.
* Chair regular update meetings with all contract managers relevant to services provided.
* Management of M&E related 'incidents/outages'
Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following criteria:
* Fully electrically qualified to a recognised level, C&G, HNC, HND.
* Previous experience within blue chip, commercial buildings.
* Strong understanding or critical systems.
* HV/LV knowledge and understanding.
* Excellent people skills.
* Ability to deal with people at all levels.
* Excel - advanced.
* Outlook, Word, Powerpoint.
* Strong knowledge of Building Management Systems.
* Experience in Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS)
* Strong communication skills - verbal and written.
The benefits of the role include:
* Salary up to 50K
* 23 days holiday
* Career progression
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.