Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Parks Communities manager you will be an important link between Carillon and the stakeholders of the Hounslow parks contract.
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving relationships with existing Friends groups whilst developing community links to encourage and facilitate the formation of new stakeholder groups.
You will develop projects, events and communicate successes and opportunities through multiple channels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with friends groups through the use of surgeries, meetings and other support encouraging a mutually beneficial relationship between Carillon and Friends groups
- Improve on existing working relationships with our stakeholders whilst maintaining a professional and commercial attitude at all times
- Manage the expectations of groups and find alternative solutions when requests cannot be fulfilled
- Help friends groups gain funding for projects and produce project initiation documents in anticipation of future funding.
- Develop content for all of our Parks events, projects and initiatives to help maximise Carillion’s media exposure relating to good news stories within parks
- Support groups and other stakeholders in delivering events that are exciting, educational and financially viable.
- Work in partnership with and providing guidance and advice to community groups looking to organise local events and parks improvements.
- Support other members of the community team as required
- Ensure HSEQ compliance in areas under your control
- This role by nature has changing requirements and you will need to undertake any other duties that may be required as directed by your line manager.
Additional Role Information
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience with internal and external communication strategies
- Experience in community led projects
- Knowledge of community communication protocols
- Knowledge of best practice in communications and community development
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide solutions when faced with areas of concern.
- Fast thinking and solution based attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within strict time frames
- Ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities, and display sound judgement and co-ordination
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Assertive and confident
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn new skills and implement them within the workplace
A disclosure check would be required for this role.