|Job Ref:||83297BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||City:||Nunavut||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
Heavy Equipment Operator (Full-time) |
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD). Raytheon Canada Ltd. with the Canadian Base Operators, provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon Canada Limited will be responsible to provide site support services to the North Warning System Office on remote isolated arctic based radar sites. We require a Heavy Equipment Operators (HEO) in the local community of Cambridge Bay.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintaining roads, grounds and gravel surfaces to ensure safe route passage
• Safe operation of heavy equipment (front end loaders, dozers, graders, trucks, dump truck, fork lift)
• Assisting vehicle mechanic and other trades as required
• Cleaning vehicles, performing fuel dips, fuel transfers
• Responsible for cleanliness of buildings where MSE are kept
• Fueling, loading and unloading helicopter
• Assisting with sea lift
• Shoveling snow / grounds
• Responding to site preservation emergencies and environmental emergencies
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years as licensed Heavy Equipment Operator with airbrake endorsement
• Valid Class G drivers' license and valid heavy equipment license(s)
• Experience operating equipment, ie. dozers, loaders, graders, dump trucks
Desirable skills and experiences
• Must be familiar safety regulations and practices.
• Direct work experience on the North Warning System will be preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
• Standard First Aid trained with CPR Level A (with valid certificate) preferred
• Written and verbal skill proficiency (English language)
•Ability to travel as part of a small team to adjacent sites to perform HEO functions
• Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including Fall Arrest Harness, as required
• Ability to work under physically demanding, often adverse weather conditions in remote Arctic locations
This is a community based position, working a 5 day per week schedule. Applicants must be able to provide their own daily transportation to/from the Hamlet of Cambridge Bay and the NWS site.
Type Of Job
Canada - Cambridge Bay, Nunavut