|Job Ref:||38366||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Oakville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
The RMS engineer is responsible for generating and coordinating all required RMS analyses and documentation in support of the certification effort of Landing Gear System on a new aircraft and continued airworthiness of in-service aircraft. Required documentation includes but is not limited to: RMS Program Plans, Reliability Predictions, Failure Mode Effects Analysis / Summary (FMEA / FMES), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), (Preliminary) System Safety Analysis ((P)SSA), Common Cause Analysis (Particular Risks, Common Mode Analysis, Zonal Analysis), Dispatch Reliability Analysis, MSG-3 Analysis, Maintainability Plans and Analyses, Direct Maintenance Cost (DMC) Analysis, etc. |
In addition, RMS Engineer is engaged with the Chief Engineer Office and supports the RMS aspect of R&D programs, as required. He / She maintains the current and works on preparation of new RMS engineering manuals.
This position works directly with the Customers. An occasional on-site support and travel will be required. Integration with the New Product Introduction (NPI) and in-production engineering groups is a must and, therefore, good communication skills and team work is strongly desired.
- Prepare / review proposals
- Prepare, coordinate and execute RMS Program Plans
- Prepare / review RMS documentation as listed above
- Approve Engineering Dwg's
- Prepare and present Design Reviews
- Prepare / review Landing Gear products improvement
- Revise / prepare RMS Engineering Manuals
- Perform RMS Analyses on R&D projects
- Bachelors Degree in computer, electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering
- 10 years of Aerospace Experience
- RMS Experience
- CRA (Certified Reliability Engineer) certification or eligibility
- Professional Engineer designation or eligibility
- 10 years of aerospace structure / systems related RMS experience
- Familiarity with FAR / CS 25 (Transport Airplane) certification requirements, more specifically 25.671, 25.783, 25.901, 25.933, 25.1309
- Familiarity with RMS industry guidance and specifications (ARP 4761, ARP 5150, ARP 4754, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of commonly used RMS software:
- RELEX suite (all modulus)
- ISOGRAPH Fault Tree Plus
- Reliasoft MPC3 (MSG3 analysis)
- Various reliability databases
- MS programs ( Word, Excel, Access, Project, PPT)
- Catia V5 - fundamentals
- Engineering PDM systems such as Matrix and Smarteam
By clicking on "Apply" you agree to answer the following questions;
1) Do you have at least 10 years of experience in the Aerospace industry?
2) Do you have previous experience in Reliability and Maintainability?
3) Are you familiar with Aerospace System Safety Analysis process?