|Job Ref:||9002||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
• Foreman (Facility Operating Supervisor / Dockmaster) responsible for all facets of the docking and undocking operations in SHIPPINGPORT (ARDM-4), a government owned facility operated by Electric Boat Corp (EB) used to dock U.S. Navy 688 / 774 class submarines. Located at the Naval Submarine Base Groton, CT.|
Must be knowledgeable of the references in support and maintenance of Dry-dock certification and operation - MIL-STD 1625; Naval Ship'sTechnical Manual (NSTM) Chapter 997.
• Requires an extensive knowledge and experience of the operation of Navy or Shipyard Industry Floating Dry-docks including the certification process.
• Review and assist Naval Architects in the preparation of the docking plan drawings.
• Provide technical support to blocking foreman and carpenters while constructing the docking build in accordance with docking plan. Establish docking points on the Dry-dock and vessel including the positioning of centering chains.
• Conduct docking and undocking conferences.
• Coordinate with Ships Force, Naval Architects, divers, and carpenters to prepare the vessel for docking operations. This includes installation of topside staging, rudder bridle, stem plane markers, establishing proper list and trim.
• Coordinate diver services in preparing a vessel to enter the Dock including the dive operations during the docking evolution.
• Supervise dock crew and surge personnel in the safe docking and undocking of U.S. Navy vessels including coordination of tug operations with the pilot.
• Ensure hotel services are provided and maintained for the vessel in dock during layday periods.
• Liaison with senior Navy personnel from Submarine Forces Atlantic (COMSUBLANT), Submarine Squadron Support Unit (SSSU), Submarine Squadrons, tended units Commanding Officers and duty representatives, Naval Submarine Support Facility (NSSF), SUBASE Public Works Department (PWD) and the Lead Maintenance Activity (LMA) on tended units.
• Maintain necessary wood inventory to meet emergent docking requirements.
• Submit required docking reports, monthly preservation reports, and annual dock usage report.
• Develop and coordinate a preservation plan for the Dry-dock that includes the supervision of 6 assigned painters.
• Manage all union issues and the equalization/implementation and tracking of trade overtime associated with the painters and janitor.
• Must gain sufficient level knowledge of Dry-dock systems to support training and qualification program.
• Complete controlled inspections IAW SHIPPINGPORT INST 9997.3.