|Job Ref:||EMP365272||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£35,000 - £40,000/year||Post Date:||20/10/2016 21:32|
Electronics Systems Engineer Communication Encryption This is an immediate requirement for a Systems Engineer or Requirements Engineer with experience of working on either Electronics of Embedded Software products.|
Systems Engineering, Communication devices
Electronics Systems Engineer Communication Encryption
This is an immediate requirement for a Systems Engineer or Requirements Engineer with experience of working on either Electronics of Embedded Software products.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to work for a leading Electronics design company in the Gloucester area. This Systems Engineer role will be working on a number of new programmes and products being developed for the UK Cyber Security and Encryption markets.
The ideal candidate will have experience of a complete systems lifecycle on an Electronics or Embedded Software product.
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this role
Responsibilities for this Systems Engineer role
- Requirements Specification and Design carrying out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, preparing specifications and developing designs.
- Systems performance analysis.
- Systems Architecture design.
- Concepts studies, research and development.
- Systems Validation – including certification and design verification.
- Flow-down of system requirements to subsystem requirement specifications.
- Define and maintain design justification record providing linkage from system requirements to subsystem requirements.
- Development of system-level test sequences.
Requirements for this role
- Knowledge and / or experience of developing complex systems. It is advantage if systems design experience includes the design of software or FPGA/ASIC-based real-time embedded processing systems
- Ability to decompose user, security and business requirements into lower-level functionality, suitable for communication to implementation teams
- Capable of making trade-off judgments to guide in architecting potential solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and / or experience of developing IP systems. This may include network architecture and protocols such as ARP, DHCP, SNMP, TCP, UDP is desirable.
- Experience in working with multiple engineering disciplines including software, FPGA, electrical / mechanical hardware
- Familiarly with requirements capture tools e.g. DOORs, RequisitePro
- Experience of UML based design
- Knowledge and / or experience of cryptographic or security systems is desirable.
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.