|Job Ref:||018209||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Santa Clara||Address:||Post Date:||02/10/2016 00:07|
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Americas Real Estate and Facilities |
Position Summary / Overview:
Responsible for providing overall management of Real Estate, Facilities and related services within assigned geo. Responsibilities include assuring that systems, processes and critical resources are identified and in place to support short and long term real estate and facilities needs required to support HDS' daily and ongoing business.
As directed by manager, geo and corporate management teams ensure space and services are in place and available to support current and projected needs required to maintain optimal facilities for current and projected facilities. Engage and work with management to develop strategic facilities plans for identified facility locations.
1. Manage America's real estate portfolio to ensure that current and projected space inventory is equal to business needs/requirements. Provide strategic planning, negotiate leases, and adjust space inventory as directed by management. Coordinate with outsourced real estate service firm contracted to provide related services to HDS.
2. Define and establish building and equipment standards and other site support services required to maintain each HDS location. Inclusive are maintenance operations, mail, copy, reception, meal / vending, janitorial and other related services and programs necessary to support daily business operations.
3. In support of planned and approved projects ensure that required resources are identified and in place at required levels within the Americas real estate portfolio. Work with management to identify scope and then prepare project schedules and cost estimates. Monitor, track, and report ongoing costs of approved projects. Ensure systems are in place to maintain construction documents: including bid documentation, specifications, construction drawings, and other related documentation.
4. As directed by management, develop space and occupancy utilization / optimization programs to meet current and projected space needs. Monitor and track ongoing space utilization. Establish and maintain space related policies and procedures. Establish furniture procedures/standards for the selection and acquisition of office furniture and panel systems. Apply and support other departmental standards and procedures on an as required basis.
5. Manage and control America's facilities spending to be in line with overall departmental and company approved budget and spending guidelines.
6. As required establish and ensure that HDS facilities are compliant with applicable Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) standards. Incorporate EH&S requirements into the design of leasehold improvement and space planning projects. Actively monitor and implement required EH&S policies and procedures as may be required by local authorities and HDS guidelines. Coordinate EH&S activities with HDS Human Resources, Risk Management, Global Protective Services and Legal Departments.
7. Responsible for supervision of direct and indirect reports to include interviewing, hiring, training, goal setting, evaluating performance, salary administration, career development, and compliance with personnel, financial and safety policies. Represents the department to other groups in the company.