Job Overview: |
The Senior Director Finance for Global Services is responsible for all Finance functions relating to Customer Service & Support (CSS), Professional Services (GSS) and Managed Cloud Services (MCS). The position partners with business leaders to set strategic direction for organizational, operational and financial strategies relating to the Global Services business unit. Is responsible for financial reporting and management of a $1B P&L globally and multi-million dollar departmental budgets.
The Senior Director of Finance for Global Services supports the Global Services General Manager reporting to the SVP of FP&A/Field Finance. Specific responsibilities include:
Interacts with (functions and levels of individuals):
- Forecast, plan, report and analyze the services portfolio by geo, product, customer and channel to support business decision making and actions. Develop financial models to capture total financial impacts, perform value-add analysis, and lead financial discussions. Ownership of the Services AOP, forecasting, and month-end close process (15%)
- Provides overall business/decision support on investments and operational initiatives. (5%)
- Provide leadership while focusing on services margins and drive initiatives to better understand and improve margins (10%).
- Works closely with the services business leaders (mainly VP CSS and MCS) and their key staff members in providing decision support and insight as they work to achieve their goals and objectives. Support their key projects by providing sound financial analysis and thought leadership. (25%)
- Provide senior leadership team (CFO, SVP Finance and other executives) with insights and understanding into the services business. Collaborate with treasury on solutioning cash requirements for MCS business.(10%)
- People management, career development, hiring, and training of finance personnel to ensure an efficient and effective finance organization in support of Global Services. (10%)
- Continuous follow up and monitoring of the Warranty Cost Accruals, true- up process and Analysis. Continue to further improve the measurement of Warranty cost based on new data available. (10%)
- In partnership with SVP FP&A, Geo Finance Leads, Senior Director SSC, Controllership, etc. understand and rationalize the Finance support structure for the MCS business and operating model for effectiveness and efficient scalability moving forward.
- In working with the Geo services organization, understand and analyze the company installed base and deferred revenue balances. Report on renewal rate trends and the amortization of deferred revenue balances by product. (5%)
- Establish and monitor a common set of financial results, metrics and dashboards in order to understand and anticipate business trends, benchmark operations and provide decision support. (4%)
- Ensure global consistency of services policies, processes, tools and systems to support the organization operationally and financially. Collaborate with Finance Shared Services team which services the businesses financial transactions. (3%)
- Partner with Internal Audit/Internal Controls to improve testing results and ensure SOX & VSOE compliance for services. (3%)
- Chief Financial Officer
- Global Services VPs and his/her staff
- Geography VPs Finance and General Managers
- Worldwide and Geography Management Team members
- Corporate Finance
- Global FP&A and Field Finance
- Internal Audit/Internal Controls
- Global Facilities & Logistics
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
- 15 years progressively responsible experience in finance and financial management
- 7 years' experience with financial management of a services business
- Experience with a multi-national, global company
- Ability to take the lead in developing value-add analysis to optimize current operations and suggest new strategies for growth with a market in lens
- Bring an operational focus to the business and a proven track record of managing financial results.
- Ability to work and influence in a matrixed environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with business partners at all levels of management and groups within an organization.
- Sense of ownership, urgency, drive for results, intellectual curiosity, willingness to learn and improve.
- A change agent that will challenge current methods & status quo and strive for continuous improvement with a market in perspective.
- To be successful in this role the incumbent must exhibit excellent analytical and process improvement skills, be an ndependent and critical thinker, analytical, fast-learner and excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills with the ability to get things done
- VSOE, SOX, Revenue Recognition experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate others, and lead change within an organization (within and outside of Finance)
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and be flexible with constant change
- Effective leader, coach, and mentor to finance team members
- Some travel required