|Job Ref:||K2807||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cramlington||Address:||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 50,000 per year, package||Post Date:||23/10/2016 00:24|
Our client provides building consultancy, construction, installation and process engineering to a wide range of clients. The business operates major contracts which can include principal contracting, large scale subcontracting and specialist services. These contracts are typically based throughout the UK and supported by our offices in Glasgow, London and Northumberland.|
The business also operates a fabrication facility, based in Cramlington, Northumberland, which supports all the business streams providing prefabricated plant and pipework.
* Project Manager with background in Mechanical & Process Piping, Cleanroom and Design & Build projects
* Single point accountability for the safe and successful delivery of MHL projects
* Financial - P&L and cashflow accountability for MHL projects
* Organisational - Project Teams varying from 5 to 50 personnel
* Location - prepared to travel and work anywhere in the UK
* HSEQ leadership on project including ensuring SSOW & QMS are in place
* P&L and Cashflow accountability for the project
* Develop project execution plans & strategies in line with the contract, including handover plan
* Lead client, external parties & stakeholders relationship management
* Establish project programme, procurement and construction schedules
* Manage risk & expectations to ensure safe & successful delivery
* Source & manage the project team to ensure technical & functional expertise is balanced to safely & successfully deliver
* Ensure scope, cost, time & performance are managed to ensure the safe & successful completion of the project
* Monitor the scope and programme to identify any variations or extensions of time that should be issued to the client; identify and mitigate where MHL is running late
* Promote positive industrial relations with workforce including agency employees and subcontractors
* Oversee project supply chain management including purchasing and subcontracts in line with company procedures
* Ensure third party services are planned and are available to meet the needs of the project
* Ensure off site fabrication is managed, tracked and controlled to meet project programme
* Lead project control activities including planning, scheduling, progress monitoring, productivity & reporting
* Lead project commercial activities including cost tracking and control, forecasting, valuation, WIP control, invoicing & cash collections
* Review project performance on completion and ensure learning is shared to improve future project planning and performance
The successful candidate will be suitably qualified and experienced, including a base discipline in mechanical engineering, cleanroom or design and build. You must have a minimum of 5 years experience in project managing mechanical, cleanroom or design & build projects, and experience in managing employees and contracted workforce across multiple trades/disciplines. You must also have good market/sector knowledge.
For more information on this role, please contact Kim Brown on NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Project Manager