Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||160001ZO||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||New Mexico||City:||Albuquerque||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:07|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Engine Workshop Technician Level II
The Engine Workshop Technician - Level II has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within branch operations. Engine Workshop Technician - Level II Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under limited supervision
• Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
• Maintain adequate personal tooling to perform assigned tasks.
• Respond to all customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely and responsive manner.
• Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professional appearance.
• Advise the Service Supervisor of parts needed for necessary repairs.
• Document detailed, complete and legible descriptions of all repair operations performed, using required all forms and procedures.
• Accurately record time, expenses, and mileage.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, management, and co-workers.
• Maintain company and product confidentiality.
• Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
• Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
• Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
• All other duties as required.
• Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
• Disassemble, clean and reassemble engines and /or engine components
• Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines
• Assists more experienced technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans engines in the workshop
• Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
• Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
• Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
• Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
• Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
• Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
• Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
Level I Technician plus
• In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
• Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
• Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line
• Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships
• Able to identify and communicate opportunities for work process improvements
• Can resolve common technical problems
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
• Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
• Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
• No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
• No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
• No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
• Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this
• Company's competitors, customers, or suppliers.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50#.
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .