|Job Ref:||2016-12383||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bourne End||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:01|
Senior / Principal Civil/Geotechnical Engineer|
Job ID: 2016-12383
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 9/20/2016
Golder Associates (UK) Ltd is seeking to appoint a Principal level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to join the UK & Ireland Ground Engineering group as a senior leader in that team. This key position will ideally be based from Bourne End or London, with flexibility for Nottingham or Edinburgh for the right person.
The Principal Civil /Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for identifying and developing business opportunities for the Ground Engineering team, focusing primarily on heavy civil and geotechnical projects that compliment our existing strength in rock mechanics and waste management geotechnics. This role will provide technical leadership and project direction on a range of complex or high profile civil/geotechnical engineering projects relating to geotechnical engineering for land development, municipal infrastructure and transportation projects. The successful candidate will be expected to develop strong business relationships with new and existing clients and to provide technical direction, senior technical review and mentoring to graduate and intermediate staff.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
* In conjunction with other senior leaders within the Ground Engineering Business Unit and other Business Units, identify and secure work for and help grow the team;
* Utilise strong understanding of the market to engage in business development activities, identifying and pursuing (when appropriate) opportunities for Golder;
* Align business development and project activity with strategic growth areas of infrastructure geotechnics within urban development and transportation;
* Develop new and existing client relationships, maintaining regular contact and managing expectations;
* Successfully deliver technical excellence in project deliverables within defined commercial targets;
* Manage and plan resources effectively, ensuring tasks are delgated to other engineers and engineering geologists;
* Lead the production of technical reports and proposals;
* Support and encourage the technical development of the team to meet CPD and chartership objectives;
* Be recognised as a mentor and role model, offering motivation and encouragement to team members to achieve results;
* Project based travel and site work, working away both in the UK and overseas. The frequency and duration of this will depend on business and client needs;
* Display a 'safety first' attitude in line with an interdependent health and safety culture, promote positive health and safety, raise safety issues through the appropriate channels and adhere to Golder health and safety policy and procedures;
* Act as a visible role model of Golder's culture, demonstrating values and behaviours consistent with the Code of Conduct and Core Values. Report through the appropriate channels any instances where an employee's behaviour or actions could be seen as being out of sync with the Code and/or Values. Seek opportunities to reinforce the Code of Conduct and interpret its meaning, ensuring this occurs at least once per year, normally as part of a team meeting or an individual's performance appraisal; and
* Ensure actions and behaviours are aligned to Golder's Equality Policy at all times.
* BSc. or BEng. in Civil Engineering or similar;
* Demonstrable experience of advanced numerical modelling methods (FEM as a minimum with DEM desirable);
* Extensive experience focused on the detailed design of shallow and deep foundations, reinforced earth, soil reinforcement and embedded retaining wall design;
* Proven work winner with an ability to write technically and commercially sound proposals, based on an excellent understanding of clients' requirements;
* Strong leadership, delegation, mentoring and influencing skills;
* Commercial understanding of consultancy;
* Strong project and financial management skills;
* Comfortable in a client facing role;
* Ability to liaise with clients and build/develop relationships effectively;
* Effective business developer and networker, both internally and externally;
* Excellent interpersonal and technical skills with ability to develop and lead geotechnical teams;
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (in English);
* Ability to multi-task to meet business and client needs;
* Ability to work independently, display initiative and decision-making skills;
* Positive approach to working as a mentor and in a team environment;
* Full driving licence; and
* Willingness and ability to travel in the UK and internationally.
* Qualified to MSc. level within geotechnical engineering, rock mechanics, mining, or engineering geology;
* Additional language skills desirable (e.g. French, Spanish, Russian);
* Experience with PLAXIS software use.
The closing date for applications is Monday 19th September 2016.
We are an employee-owned, global organisation providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and energy through technical excellence, innovative solutions and award winning client service. Today, our clients represent the world's major industries and drivers of development: Oil and Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, Power, and Urban Development and Infrastructure.
Employee owned since being founded in 1960, our more than 6,500 people operating from 165 offices worldwide deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
For more information, visit NA.
Apply Online - Golder's European Region:
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS