Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12384||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||County/State:||British Columbia||City:||Vancouver||Address:||Post Date:||23/10/2016 05:02|
Junior Occupational Hygienist|
Job ID: 2016-12384
Area of Interest: EN - EHS, H&S, and Industrial Hygiene (HS)
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 7/28/2016
Experience (Years): 1
Golder Associates' Vancouver office has an immediate opening for a Junior Occupational Hygienist / Health & Safety Specialist. The Occupational Hygienist will work within our local Environmental Assessment & Biology Group and more broadly with our Environmental Health & Safety Group practitioners, comprised of occupational and industrial hygienists, environmental professionals, and hazardous materials managers.
The successful candidate will work on projects involving industrial/occupational hygiene, hazardous materials management and/or environmental health & safety. The Occupational Hygienist will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities including:
* Providing Project Coordination Services, which will include:
* Assisting the project manager initiate and manage projects from the proposal stage to completion;
* Developing project scopes of work and budgets;
* Preparing proposals;
* Scheduling and supervising resources to ensure projects are progressing efficiently;
* Generating reports and correspondence; and,
* Identifying and rectifying site issues and project concerns.
* Providing Occupational Hygiene Services and Expertise, which will include:
* Conducting hygiene audits and site assessments;
* Conducting hygiene monitoring of noise and biological & chemical substances; and,
* Conducting indoor air quality monitoring and assessments.
* Providing Hazardous Materials Management Expertise, including:
* Conducting building assessments for hazardous materials, including asbestos, lead, and mould;
* Preparing, developing, and tendering remediation specifications for hazardous material removal, including asbestos, lead and mould; and,
* Providing on-site inspection services for hazardous materials abatement and remediation projects, including contractor oversight, air sampling, and reporting.
* Actively participating in and encouraging adherence to our Health and Safety program and industry best practise;
* Developing and maintaining good working relations with existing and perspective clients; and,
* Assisting in the development and growth of our service area and company.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong interpersonal skills, be an outstanding oral and written communicator, have the ability to think critically and understand the consulting business model.
The following minimum qualifications are necessary for this position:
* Technical diploma / certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Sciences, or Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent Environmental Sciences;
* In depth knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation;
* Working knowledge of industrial hygiene practices and indoor air quality assessments including maintenance and calibration of field equipment;
* Knowledge of health and safety management systems;
* Experience in use of and/or training in fall arrest, confined spaces and/or hazardous materials management considered an asset;
* Experience as an Occupational/Industrial Hygienist or Environmental Health and Safety Professional considered an asset;
* Demonstrated commitment to execute and deliver the highest quality product;
* The ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently;
* The ability to work weekends and evenings as required to meet project commitments;
* Valid BC Driver's license (Class 5) or equivalency;
* The ability to travel for extended periods of time (2-4 weeks at a time) and work on a rotational basis outside of local office; and
* A commitment to health and safety leadership.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.