- Global Company
- Competitive Remuneration and Employee Benefits
- Exposure to a wide range of projects
- Sydney location
As one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and architecture consulting firms, GHD has much to offer. Become part of a global network of 8500 people across five continents all working together to achieve successful project delivery and exceptional results for our clients in water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
GHD currently has a great opportunity for an energetic Civil Engineer to join our Sydney Civil Team. This role will coordinate project teams to achieve client outcomes and contribute to our successful team by providing accurate and efficient engineering services.
Specifically, your duties will include;
To be successful you will possess:
- Fostering existing and developing new Client relationships by providing excellent client service and being client focussed in everything you do.
- As Civil Engineer, provide technical design input on multi-disciplinary infrastructure, urban and municipal development projects. Duties typically include:
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines such as architecture, structural, electrical, communications, geotechnical, etc. to develop an integrated civil design. Ensuring technical work and design calculations are of a high standard.
- Production of high quality civil design drawings and associated documentation with the support of our team's Civil Designers and Drafters and our Principal Civil Engineers.
- Provide technical assistance during the preparation of large project proposals by scoping out the civil works required and determining the resources required to deliver them.
- As Job Manager, managing the design and documentation of small to medium size civil infrastructure and urban development projects.
- Delivering positive client outcomes, team satisfaction and financial performance.
- Preparing complete proposals on your own for small to medium civil projects in concert with our Principal Civil Engineers.
- As Team Member, you will contribute to the health, safety and success of the team through:
- Supporting other team members
- Active participation in team activities
- Active communication and knowledge share
- Contributing new ideas and being innovative
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Complying with GHD systems, procedures and policies
- Pursuit of professional development opportunities
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering (assessed and recognised by Engineers Australia if qualification obtained outside of Australia)
- A minimum of 5 years' civil design experience - preferably within Australia
- Professional registration, or working toward registration, is desirable (CPEng)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering small to medium sized design projects, either as part of a larger overall project, or stand-alone projects.
- Familiarity with typical local government authority and state government processes and design standards.
- A client focussed attitude and passion for high quality work.
- Strong people skills and an ability to work effectively in team environments.
- A willingness to learn, but also contribute towards the development of other team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to liaise with the team, management and external stakeholders to produce commercial, client focused outcomes.
- Time management and prioritisation skills to successfully navigate through and meet competing demands on your time.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and to work under pressure to deadlines.
As part of this role, you will be presented with a rewarding career in an environment where your work will be recognised and rewarded, your learning and development will be a priority and where diversity of people and ideas are celebrated.
So, if you are ready and excited about this opportunity, don't delay. Please forward your cover letter and resume via the link NA .
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted for this position.