About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
Here is your opportunity to work on the first ever high-speed rail program in the U.S. while growing your career on a groundbreaking project. The California High-Speed Rail program will connect the mega-regions of the state, contribute to economic development and a cleaner environment, create jobs and preserve agricultural and protected lands. By 2029, the system will run from San Francisco to the Los Angeles basin in under three hours at speeds of more than 200 miles per hour. The system will also extend to Sacramento and San Diego, totaling 800 miles with up to 24 stations.
In 2005, the California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) completed a Final Statewide Program Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement (EIR/EIS) as the first-phase of a tiered environmental review process for the proposed California High-Speed Train system. The Authority and the FRA will now complete project level EIR/EIS in each section to identify preferred alignments. The section-level HST EIR/EIS will examine site-specific impacts of the preferred alignment, station locations, and HST operations between Bakersfield and Palmdale, Palmdale and Burbank, Burbank and Los Angeles and Los Angeles and Anaheim, and will identify specific mitigation measures as necessary.
The Authority awarded WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff the Program Management role within the Rail Delivery Partners (RDP) program delivery team. As a result we have an immediate opportunity for a Deputy Project Manager to work on the CHSRP, reporting to Project Managers in the Southern California segments of the program including the Bakersfield to Palmdale, Palmdale to Burbank, Burbank to Los Angeles and Los Angeles to Anaheim segments. The assignment is located in the Los Angeles, CA program office.
The Deputy Project Manager will provide engineering oversight, environmental review, and management support of the Regional Consultant's work program for completion of the project-level EIR/EIS and completion of Preliminary Engineering as the basis for Design/Build procurement contracts. Specific duties include:
• Assist the Project Manager in overseeing all activities performed by the Regional Consultant, with a particular focus on interfaces between disciplines to ensure consistency within the geographic segment, also with overarching Program Goals
• Provide oversight and coordination support to match the overall statewide goals and the work plan
• Channel issues, questions and concerns to the appropriate areas for response and closure
• Assist in the review of submitted invoices and compare with stated work completed schedule, budget and deliverables due
• Oversee Regional Consultant compliance with project procedures and protocols
• Report project status and progress and review and comment on Regional Consultant monthly status report
• Coordinate with other Project Managers, Deputy Project Managers and Regional Consultants for outreach, engineering, environmental issues when necessary
• Prepare meeting minutes/notes, reports and memos as required by the PM
• Assist in definition of scope and budget changes, when requested
• Assist and support public outreach meetings.
• Participate in meetings with major stakeholders, elected officials, environmental agencies, and government staff as needed.
• Provide oversight and overall review of Regional Consultant documents, drawings, and other activities pertaining to preliminary engineering criteria
• Monitor Regional Consultant progress with preliminary designs
• Ensure all drawings and specifications are passed through to the design group to ensure consistency with design standards and from segment to segment
• Coordinate and communicate operating, maintenance, engineering and other technical standards to be used in design development
• Provide overall review of Regional Consultant documents, drawings, and other activities
• Coordinate with specialist engineering and environmental review of specific subjects
• Monitor agency consultation activities
• Review and provide comment on technical reports
Professional Engineer's License in California of the ability to obtain licensure through reciprocity within six months preferred At least seven years of relevant civil engineering / transportation or environmental planning / project management experience in the Transportation and Rail Transit industry Experience with the oversight of multiple consultants and proven ability to foster strong client relationships, and the ability to deliver public presentations A high degree of creativity, foresight, and engineering judgment in planning, analyzing and influencing complex projects and programs of significant size and importance Must be a self-starter, who can execute strategy and achieve results. At least seven years of relevant civil engineering design / construction experience in the Transportation and Rail Transit industry for the design of rail transportation systems Familiarity with scheduling software including Primavera and MS Project Experience with the oversight of multiple consultants and proven ability to foster strong client relationships, and the ability to deliver public presentations A high degree of creativity, foresight, and engineering judgment in planning, analyzing and influencing complex projects and programs of significant size and importance Must be a self-starter, who can execute strategy and achieve results. Ability to work in this country immediately required, local candidates preferred EOE / Veteran / Disability / Gender (M-F) / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a similar, relevant discipline