About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff has an opening for a Construction Inspector to work from project sites in Manteo, NC. The Construction Inspector will perform on-site inspection services for construction project to replace the Bonner Bridge in the Oregon Inlet. This person will monitor the work of contractors to ensure quality control and contractor compliance for roadway, structure and bridge work, under the direction of a Project Engineer.
The Construction Inspector:
• Inspects and monitors assigned field work activities on a project to ensure conformance to plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
• Coordinates work and inspections with contractor's representative, NCDOT personnel and other stakeholders as identified by the NCDOT.
• Advises contractor of non-conforming work or other violations of the contract requirements. Works with the contractor to identify and implement appropriate corrective action.
• Ensures that highways work zones and traffic control setups conform to contract requirements.
• Prepares and reviews daily inspector reports for preparation of entries into project diaries and is able to properly document materials in the Materials Notebook as well as other test reports for materials.
• Assists in contractor's monthly evaluations.
The ability to immediately work in the United States is required. The selected candidate must be able and available to work in the Manteo, NC area within 2 weeks of being selected.
• 5 or more years of experience with construction inspection, preferably including inspection of roadway and bridge projects.
• Working knowledge of State (NC) and Federal environmental, safety, and Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and regulations
• Working knowledge of/proficiency with mathematics, including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
• A working knowledge of NCDOT standards, specifications and manuals and be skilled in operating computer equipment, software programs and field inspection equipment preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret roadway, structure and bridge plans and specifications; apply mathematical formulas and engineering principles to determine minor adjustments to construction plans; maintain detailed records; perform required materials testing and communicate effectively with the agency and contractor personnel and the general public.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation