About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Construction Inspector II (Supervising Inspector) to provide construction inspection and testing services on Transportation projects. The qualified candidate will report to either a Project Engineer or a Supervisor, working from our project office in Crawfordsville, IN.
The work is physical and outside in a variety of weather conditions. Workload may require 10-12 hour shifts, (including either day or night shifts).
• Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications
• Recording observation of daily work activities of the contractors
• Monitoring daily progress
• Documenting location, work elements performed, crew sizes, weather, visitors
• Sampling and testing materials and completing applicable testing reports, including QC tests in the field
• Collecting tickets, bills of lading etc.
• Supervising other inspectors
• Recording and reporting any deviations from contract documents
• Measuring/recording/reporting quantities of pay items
• Coordinating with the contractor and scheduling inspection/testing work with little supervision
• Performing other duties as assigned
• Computer skills required- experience with SiteManager ™ software desired.
• 9+ years of experience inspecting INDOT Road and Bridge Projects
Local candidates preferred, and will be given first consideration.
• Certification under the INDOT Certified Technician Program in the following disciplines:
• Bridge Construction and Deck Repair
• Construction Earthworks
• Construction Procedures 1 (Surveying, Cross sections, Pipe work, Manholes, Inlets, etc)
• Construction Procedures 2 (Sidewalk, rip rap, guardrail, seed, sod, R/W monuments)
• INDOT Qualified Testing Technician for field testing/sampling of soils, concrete, hot mix asphalt, etc. Current qualification is a plus, but evidence of past qualifications is acceptable.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation