WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA|
WSP| Parsons Brinckerhoff, is currently seeking a Bridge Inspection Assistant Team Leader, joining the Transportation Department in our Atlanta, Georgia office. WSP|PB works closely with engineers and owners from around the world on large complex projects in the built environment.
• The Assistant Team Leader shall, under close supervision while in the field, by merit of his/her education and relevant work experience, perform independent, scientific evaluation of the condition state, function and load carrying capacity of bridges and their individual components, as compared to their original design state and/or current standards. Such routine evaluations must necessarily include discretionary judgment and application of advanced engineering principles. Such judgments may form the basis of recommendations to bridge owners for repair, rehabilitation or replacement.
• Plan, schedule and perform bridge inspections in accordance with the requirements of specific Bridge Owners, but in all cases, in compliance with the National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) and the AASHTO Manual for Condition Evaluation of Bridges.
• Review, create, and compile all required inspection reports and plan field operations
• Receive directions from Project Manager and other senior staff.
• Ensure technical compliance with all applicable standards and specifications
• BS degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited institution
• 1-3 years of Bridge Inspection experience
• Familiarity with NYSDOT, TBTA, PANY & NJ, NJDOT and/or NJ Turnpike bridge inspection procedures
• Physically capable of performing continuous field work including working at heights and in close quarters, climbing, carrying ladders and gear, working in adverse weather conditions, etc.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to think critically and solve problems
• Ability to work well in team-oriented structure
• Valid, unrestricted driver license
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity