|Job Ref:||EMP372285||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£35,000 - £50,000/year||Post Date:||22/10/2016 21:32|
My client is looking for candidates with experience in the Water Industry for an M+E Commissioning Engineer in Plymouth. |
Water Industry Experience
Successful candidates will be reporting to the Commissioning Manager and will be required to support the Project Delivery Team. The role will involve in the commissioning of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Contribute to the preparation of Commissioning Plans
- Preparation of Commissioning Documentation including Commissioning Manuals, Inspection & Test Plans, Inspection & Test Reports and Training Manuals.
- Reviewing P&ID diagrams and provide strategies to commission plant and equipment in to existing processes in line with client specifications without compromising process and reducing risks.
- Attendance at commissioning meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams.
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant
- Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site commissioning process.
- The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment, including: Motor Control Centres, Pumping Plant, Process Equipment, Various Instrumentation.
- Knowledge of PLC software packages would be a distinct advantage.
- Undertake or supervise the NICEIC electrical installation testing to C& G 2391 as requested.
- Demonstration of commissioned plant to our clients representatives to gain plant sign off prior to takeover.
- Undertaking client training covering both operational and technical competencies.
- Completion of commissioning records and diaries ensuring that all progress and equipment settings are recorded for the O&M manuals.
- Assist the design team by undertaking site visits to gather information for the purposes of tendering or design prior to construction.
- To assist the design team and prepare electrical designs ensuring compliance with the current IEE regulations and all other relevant specifications.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Blue Water hygiene card