the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
The Core Technical Engineering Department has an opening for an Engineering Specialist, Aircraft Performance. You will function as a technical resource for analysis, testing and documentation in aircraft performance, as applicable to the design, development, certification, production and fleet-service of commercial and business aircraft.
In your role, you will:
- Conduct different aircraft & engine performance analyses, both preliminary and final, using in-house and commercial software.
- Develop, utilize and maintain performance in-house software and methods.
- Create charts and tables for different aircraft documentation (AFM, FPCCM, QRH, AOM, ODM, Performance Summary etc.).
- Write and review technical reports, including internal supporting documentation (work statements, cost estimates, test plans etc.) as well as reports for Airworthiness Authorities.
- Provide support to production and production flight-test for performance related issues and non-conformances.
- Provide support to performance flight testing: validate and document flight test requirements, review flight test plans, define necessary instrumentation, analyze performance data, summarize flight test results and write supporting documentation.
- Interface with other internal disciplines and external partners/suppliers to ensure efficient data-flow and decision-making. Provide preliminary and final performance data (guarantees) to Marketing and Sales, support Customer Engineering, Airworthiness, Technical Help Desk, In-service Engineering and other Engineering groups.
- Communicate technical results to the team/stakeholders and provide honest and accurate updates regarding project status.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of less experienced department personnel
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- You hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- You have 5-10 years or more of relevant experience
- You have knowledge of FORTRAN, the UNIX operating system, PV-Wave, FrameMaker, the MS-Windows environment
- You have thorough understanding of aircraft & engine performance
- You have a good understanding of aerodynamics, aircraft design , and aircraft systems
- You have an understanding of aircraft structures/systems/avionics and familiarity with airworthiness regulations
- Proficiency in preparing technical reports and presentations via office-software
- You have strong problem-solving and time management skills
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.