Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our professionals specialize in design, master planning, environmental and ecological planning, strategic planning and economic development. We create implementable solutions that promote sustainable land use and enhance quality of life.
- The Commissioning Manager reports either to the Project Manager or Construction Manager depending on the complexity of the project, location of the site and location of the Project Manager;
- The Commissioning Manager is functionally accountable to the Construction Manager;
- The Commissioning Manager is responsible for the acceptance of individual equipment or areas of plant from the Construction Manager at a particular milestone established for the project e.g. at mechanical completion, the systematic testing through Cold and Hot Commissioning and assisting Operations in the running and operation of the plant culminating in performance tests and handover to the client.
- In consultation with the Construction Manager and Site Safety Officer develop a comprehensive plan for safety during commissioning for incorporation into the Safety Management Plan;
- Responsible in conjunction with the Site Safety Officer for the implementation of all aspects of Health and Safety relating to commissioning activities or modification work as a consequence of commissioning activities;
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Site Environmental Officer, for the implementation of the Environmental Management Plan as it pertains to Commissioning;
- In conjunction with the Construction Manager develop a project commissioning organisation structure with defined responsibilities and reporting relationships;
- Arranges commissioning resources, including testing equipment, raw materials, utilities, commissioning spares and agreed manpower from site erection staff, client personnel, vendors, design personnel and the erection contractor, to ensure timely and effective completion of the project
- Prepares a detailed Commissioning Plan to cover all aspects of commissioning according to the project scope, soliciting input from client, design, vendor, contractor and construction personnel as necessary;
- Work with the Senior Planner to develop a commissioning schedule for the project including dependencies and contract milestones;
- Chair daily meetings during commissioning to review preceding and planned activities, schedule changes, problems encountered and plant modifications needed;
- Ensure that client's operators and maintenance personnel receive training prior to and during commissioning to establish an efficient hand over and facilitate commencement of commercial operation;
- Ensure that the interface between Construction and Operations during Commissioning is well defined, the risks identified and mitigated;
- Liaise with Statutory Authorities on matters associated with plant start-up;
- Carry out commissioning in accordance with the Commissioning Plan liaising with the Construction Manager as necessary to ensure adherence to existing contracts and the coordination of commissioning with the remaining erection activities;
- Liaise with the client as necessary for the provision of client supplied operations staff, raw materials and utilities;
- During commissioning, record test results and performance data for each item of plant and the plant in total, compare with design and environmental criteria and report the differences to the Construction Manager and Engineering Coordinator;
- Ensure modifications or adjustments made to the plant during commissioning are recorded on 'as built' drawings;
- Ensure unqualified product produced during commissioning is segregated to avoid contamination with acceptable product;
- Review operations and maintenance manuals produced for the plant and ensure a revision is prepared and issued to the client where commissioning data needs to be added or plant modifications have been made;
- Review all problem areas encountered during commissioning in conjunction with the Construction Manager and ensure solutions resulting in plant modifications do not affect the overall plant integrity for short term commissioning outcomes;
- Liaise with the client representative to ensure all client requirements within the current scope of work relating to commissioning are satisfied;
- Prepare a Commissioning Close-out Report detailing all activities, problems, results etc during the commissioning period and issue to the Project Manager.
15 years experience
Previous NEC experience essential
Previous commissioning experience
Relevant tertiary qualification
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.