|Job Ref:||018207||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||23/10/2016 00:06|
. Job Purpose |
This role sits within our Managed Cloud Services business (MCS) and will be assigned to a major new account win for HDS as part of the customer's MCS program management team. The role is responsible for ensuring an effective storage capacity management, order process management and services (including configuration) that runs smoothly for both HDS internally and the customer. This enables HDS to ensure additional costs are kept to a minimum and to safeguard potential revenue streams, whilst adhering to contractual obligations to the customer.
The Storage Capacity & Order Manager takes accountability for tracking installed storage capacity and aligning with the growth forecast in order to proactively identify capacity expansions and initiate the internal processes to support them. They will also provide critical information for monthly invoicing based on closed orders.
Member of the customer MSS program management team. Responsible for smooth customer and internal order process for both storage capacity and services (including configuration). Keeps costs as low as possible while maximizing revenue streams, while adhering contractual obligations. Provides information for monthly invoicing based on closed orders. Tracks installed storage capacity and aligns with growth forecast and customer demand in order to proactively identify capacity expansions.
• Design HDS storage solutions in accordance to the technical design guide in the MCS program.
• Define, agree, maintain and improve order and capacity management processes and tools for the customer program.
• Track all incoming customer capacity and service orders and check if they are correct and complete.
• Negotiate when customer requests are not feasible.
• Involve and inform key stakeholders: Customer (HQ and local sites), Program Director, Contract Manager, Finance Manager, Project Manager, Change Manager and Service Delivery Manager.
• Prepare and maximise monthly invoicing of all closed orders / tasks.
• Participate in Capacity and Forecast Meetings internally and externally.
• Ensure Hitachi quality standards are met by maintaining a high standard of professionalism at all times and ensuring high customer satisfaction
Desired Skills & Experience
• Proven ability to interact and co-ordinate multi-skilled teams both internally and at the customer and required third parties.
• Ability to assess, manage and find solutions complex situations balancing HDS and the customer needs.
• Proficient in MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
• Good understanding of Data Center technology.
• Some level of understanding of storage technology including SAN and NAS.
• Self-motivated and a team player.
• Abstract thinking and solution development skills.
• Ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
• Ability to produce well structured, clear and logical reports.