|Job Ref:||8999||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
The Manager of Contracts is responsible for contract management of engineering and ship construction contracts and subcontracts. The position requires leadership and effective management skills in performing Government and commercial contract administration. Responsibilities include negotiating and administering complex contracts and management of the contract administration organization. The position also requires the ability to mentor and advise personnel for efficient accomplishment of contract negotiations and administration. Fundamental to successful performance as Manager of Contracts is continuous awareness of contractual risks and the ability to identify and implement mitigation actions including those affecting the Companys compliance with contract terms, government regulations and internal directives and procedures.|
• Contract administration in accordance with company policies and procedures and management of contract personnel conducting:
• Submittal, negotiation, certification, and adjudication of proposals.
• Proposal activities, including the development of proposal assumptions, conditions and revisions to contract language to ensure scope is well defined and/or adequately clarified.
• Management of the contract change process.
• Entitlement analysis for constructive changes.
• Interface with all levels of management and the General Dynamics Corporate Office.
• Monitoring and measuring progress and performance of contract administrators.
• Ensuring contract terms align with the company and corporate objectives.
• Supporting multiple tasks in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
• Establishing and maintaining business relationships with customers.
• Proactively communicating with customers to ensure they are apprised of critical contract actions.