WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
We are seeking an Resident Engineer (Supervising Construction Engineer) to join our Construction Services Group in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• Inspects and review work in accordance with applicable codes and standards included in the project drawings and specifications
• Provides general inspections on construction labor and subcontractor work to assure a good and workmanlike operation
• Monitors quality control and quality assurance material field testing for concrete, steel, asphalt and soils as applicable
• Provides field measurements and assist in compiling quantity reports (CQVs) for payment of quantities and changes in the work
• Prepares inspector daily reports (IDR's) in accordance with the project's requirements
• provides technical leadership for complex construction management projects or programs, serving as a Resident Engineer or Project Manager supervising construction engineering and inspection activities
• Apply diversified knowledge of construction engineering principles and practices and independently making decisions on significant construction engineering problems.
• Manages technical field staff
• Responsible for field engineering, contract administration, inspection, testing, surveying, and quality control on one large or several small construction projects.
• Supervises field inspection and field office personnel
• Manages sub-consultants
• Represents projects at meetings and conferences
• Performs other duties as assigned
• BSCE degree (an e quivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered)
• A minimum of 10 years of Resident Engineering experience
• Valid California Driver's license
• A working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and material is required
• An ability to read and completely understand contract documents is required
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Bridge construction inspection experience
• Inspection Certifications
Local candidates are strongly preferred!
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation