WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Materials Engineer - Senior Principal Technical Specialist based in the US that would work on national and international projects.
• The candidate will be a technical advisor to structural and civil design teams, working on transportation and building construction projects, with materials and corrosion issues.
• The candidate will serve in a lead capacity for steel and concrete: developing and reviewing construction specifications for materials, conducting servicelife/durability analysis for concrete and steel elements, reviewing concrete mix designs and steel weld procedures, developing field investigation and testing procedures for evaluating the condition of existing structures and developing repair procedures, and miscellaneous activities related to materials engineering.
• Participate in development of job proposals for new work.
• Be an active committee member of material technical societies such as American Concrete Institute, International Concrete Repair Institute, ASNT and other related societies, and presenter of technical papers.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with focus on structures from an accredited university is required.
• Strong writing and communication skills are required.
• Familiar with bridge, tunnel, and building construction is required.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience as a construction materials engineer.
• A Master's Degree in civil engineering, materials engineering or materials science is preferred.
• Practical experience in bridge, tunnel and building bridge projects.
• Experienced in writing construction specifications, performance specifications
• Knowledge of service life/durability analysis,
• Materials laboratory experience and materials testing experience, concrete mix designs
• Knowledge of steel fabrications, welding and applicable AWS codes.
• Ability to immediately, legally work in the US is required.
• Relocation Available: No
• Required Skills: Word, Excel.