About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is currently looking to hire a Senior Supervising Communications Engineer to work in San Francisco, CA. Project work would include Communications System Design for Light Rail, Heavy Rail, Commuter Rail and High Speed Rail Projects operating on Overhead Contact or Third Rail Systems, airports, emergency management / control centers, facilities, etc.
Work location would include both Home Office and short term travel to Cities installing or planning to install Communication Systems (long term field assignments are also available). The Selected candidate will assist Project Managers in the coordination of project designs with other disciplines including attendance at project meetings.
Job Duties Include:
• Ensure that company technical policies and procedures are practiced during the execution of projects for clients
• Lead in developing design approaches and concepts on assigned projects and requests assistance from the senior technical staff when needed
• Utilizes sound electrical and communication engineering practices to develop designs and reports
• Prepares studies for electrified railway systems, airports, emergency management / control centers, facilities, etc.
• Lead communications technical design for assigned projects
• Develop and review designs and technical specifications
• Develop cost estimates and projections
• Participate in project working meetings
• Completeness and accuracy of design team work
• Review shop drawings, record changes and communicate directly with suppliers, contractors and client representatives as required
• Support the installation and testing of communication systems components and software
• Performs site investigations
• Identify construction costs trending out of budget
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Engineering required. This requirement may be waived if exceptional experience is demonstrated.
• Minimum 15 years of experience of the design, construction, testing and commissioning of Communication Systems and Equipment, i.e.:
• Above / Below Ground Radio.
• PABX and Emergency Telephone.
• Familiarity with Design Drawings and Specifications for Communications System and related equipment
• Knowledge of BISCI, EIA/TIA, and IEEE standards for Communications System design
• Experience working on large electrified railway systems, airports, emergency management / control centers, facilities, etc.
• Experience in Design Management and/or Project Management
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with others, including multidisciplinary staff in different offices
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• BICSI RCDD, OSP, NTS/DCDC and/or ESS certification
• Professional Engineering (PE) License
• Knowledge of commercial analysis software
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation