|Job Ref:||EMP371736||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||City:||Barrow-In-Furness||Address:||Salary:||£33,000 - £35,000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Test & Service Engineer to provide test commissioning and support engineering expertise for all aspects of product and systems, from test and acceptance during product development through to commissioning and in service support.|
Good knowledge and sound understanding of Control & instrumentation (incl PLC/DCS equipment)
* To build, test and maintain system integration and acceptance testing facilities.
* To prepare and issue test documentation for the integration and test of products and systems.
* To conduct formal acceptance tests in accordance with relevant procedures, record results, and raise any snags
or deficiencies as required. Also participate in test readiness & wash up meetings as required.
* To undertake, upon request, the maintenance of any software and hardware tools in support of development
* To contribute as required and appropriate to the whole design lifecycle of products and systems including
participation and contribution to requirements analysis, design reviews, stakeholder project and progress
* Support the system integration activities and third party land-based test sites as necessary.
* Maintenance and configuration management of equipment and systems throughout installation,
commissioning and in service support.
* To provide an effective and professional technical interface with the customer and to ensure that
communications at the working level are maintained.
* Troubleshoot and diagnose design and production faults in the integration of systems.
* To provide the necessary set to work and commissioning support both on board and 'on site' locations, including out of hours support and attendance at HAT & SAT trials where necessary.
* To take responsibility for identifying and resolving technical issues identified during the conduct of test and
* To provide technical support via the management and resolution of technical queries, spares and obsolescence
* To adhere to all Company and contractual standards and processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Good knowledge and sound understanding of Control & instrumentation (incl PLC/DCS equipment);
preferably in marine, defence or offshore environments.
* Minimum OND/HNC in engineering or !T related discipline.
* Experience of operation or maintenance of submarine or ship s systems would be advantageous.
* Experienced in system test, set to work, commission or in service support.
* Some knowledge of test environments and soft are acceptance methods preferred.
* Good technical author skills and PC skills for documents, reports & spread sheets.
* Good communication skills written and verbal, ability to articulate technical issues to both non technical
staff and to technical staff with different domain knowledge/responsibilities e.g. providing structured
technical feedback to design engineering.
*Ability to work under pressure; meet tight deadlines, problem solving and executing duties while being
observed by customer and user communities.
* Understanding of the requirements, processes and procedures for defence contracts desirable.
* Some knowledge of software development lifecycle desirable.
* Some knowledge of simulation systems desirable.
* Through, diligent and practical approach.